two dd 9500 15's or one dd redline 800 18"?

Lol yes that one....i unfortunately don't have access to a termlab or any meter. All the car audio shops around here have closed down.....the one thats open in kansas city has never had a meter. And i doubt they ever plan on getting one cause they're lazy.

Its killing me not knowing what numbers I'm doing lol...especially with this much power now. Compared to my prior setups. I plan on buying a meter though. But I want to buy the termlab box design software before anything.

From some research I've been doing, please correct me if I'm wrong. But I think it has to do with the shape of the port. In that box its a short but wide rectangle and the designed box the port is skinny and wide. Making them sound quieter because the waves are essentially stretched when being produced by the narrow wide port and with the shorter rectangle port they're able to reach the cabin with greater force because of how much shorter it is ....make sense? Hopefully

I'm bad at trying to explain **** sometimes lmao
no I already told you why your 2nd box is not loud. its literally the direction your port is facing. Your old box is louder because you faced it to the rear. Your new reinforced box is **** because its facing the front. You should have just followed the design verbatim is what i was trying to say.

I have been working on cars with my truck's radio on low. I have noticed that about ten feet in front of my truck the bass sounds deep and punchy, when I go lower the volume (not all customers like boom), the bass is meek and modest. So if I meter it in the cabin, low number. But ten feet in front, I am Jonathan Price.
thats sound leakage and wasted energy. You arent trapping anything inside, so all that is lost SPL. Mines isnt too loud outside in front with all windows up but get inside and you get your organs rearranged. bed linered and resined the doors. Wood braced on roofs and deadener on top.

No no I built the box in the design i paid for.....so subs up port up, double layered all around with 1 1/4 pipe for bracing in two spots, and i used countertop epoxy on the inside, and liquid nailed every piece, and plenty of screws.

Sorry misread what you said Jeff lol
Yeah im going to agree with you on the way the port faces, its substantially louder port back

Damn im in to big of a hurry.....i built the one in the design, so port up sub up

And yes they're identical lol, I actually just reconed the yellow one because one of the coils came unhooked and I fried one of the coils, but it looks brand new now. Both serials match on the motors, they're I motors

Last edited:
thats sound leakage and wasted energy. You arent trapping anything inside, so all that is lost SPL. Mines isnt too loud outside in front with all windows up but get inside and you get your organs rearranged. bed linered and resined the doors. Wood braced on roofs and deadener on top.
Not many things I like more than rearranging organs.

thats sound leakage and wasted energy
This is done on purpose. When I work outside I usually jam out with my truck's radio. Volume depends on where I am at. I sometimes ride with my windows open, the bass gets deeper and louder, which I like.
As for cabin bracing and deadening, I have none. I never use anything above 1500 watts rms. But because of other member's convos, I am now wanting deadening for better sql.

This is done on purpose. When I work outside I usually jam out with my truck's radio. Volume depends on where I am at. I sometimes ride with my windows open, the bass gets deeper and louder, which I like.
As for cabin bracing and deadening, I have none. I never use anything above 1500 watts rms. But because of other member's convos, I am now wanting deadening for better sql.
I remember when you would get reamed for using the term sql, lol. At least do the doors and run decent components. Night and day difference. I'm not an SQ guru by any means, I love it LOUD, but i hate blaring garbage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.