two audibahn subs 1000 rms each

toyotacorolla

I have two audiobahn subs(sound Q series ALUM12J) 1000 RMS each for a total of 2000RMS. I drive a 2006 toyota corolla CE i have an amp that i purchased from audiobahn also, the amp model number is A12001DJ its a d series monoblock amp. I wanted to know if the amp can push these speakers or will i have to replace this amp? and also what kind of changes do i need to make to my car to power this type of audio set up? yellow cap, cap,power cell etc... I want something heart pounding, but don't have complete knowledge of car audio so advice would be much appreciated.

well you subs are dual 6 ohm subs, which is odd. anyway, you can only run a minimum load of 1.5 ohms with two of them.

amp is 1 ohm stable, and does 1500 rms @ 14.4 volts. you have an 80amp alternator, well assume the vehicle uses 40% of that to power the car and its oem accessories.

so you have roughly, 50 amps left to play with. and that not enough.

my advice, big three, no caps(they junk/useless garbage), extra battery in back, and HO alternator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.