two 8's or a single 12. Low power.

Using subs from 100-120hz is a waste of time. You might as well build a really nice front stage with sound deadener and closed cell foam up front.
That is where he plans to cross them in at. Around 100-120 not only in that area. I think it is a bit to high for my tastes, but to each their own.

Personally I still like the single 12" idea. 8's do very well, but to be honest in all the setups I have built and played with I have never been amazed at what an 8" sub can do. Don't get me wrong they do great things, but just now what I would look for in a driver. In this industry personal opinion and how much you have to spend play more of a roll then anything. Do not base what you get in the end based on what is posted. We all think and hear differently so what one of us likes may not be what you like even though it sounds like it when you read it.

Yeah. I'm crossing at that point not only using the sub for that small gap. Reason I'm crossing that high is I'm only running a front stage and I'm not sure the front components can handle lower than 100hz.

I just modeled ev2 8" x2 vs DCON 12. At 400 watts the dcon is much louder than the 2 8s. And has a better fr. (rolling off a bit it should sound less boomy) The dcon does want a bigger box though. (Not a bad thing as long as you have room for it) I have said this before: 8" subs are only the best choice if you can't fit anything bigger.

A 10 in sub will be my choice.A heavy ten/100rms DVC2ohm, or DVC4, DVC1, just a single ten will get it done, and will not need more than 1.6cu ft ported:D

thanks for modeling them! I think I'll get the dcon or possibly the new I series from incriminator. they both offer a 15 though. would u then suggest going with a 15 if I could fit it being I'm running lower power?

thanks for modeling them! I think I'll get the dcon or possibly the new I series from incriminator. they both offer a 15 though. would u then suggest going with a 15 if I could fit it being I'm running lower power?
Not needed in a little car, unless you just want to annoy others/show off.

Sundown SA-8's! A dude around here has a couple in an Escalade and they bang! It's almost funny when he opens it up and there's 8's in there. LOL! Granted they're in a pretty big ported box but IMO they're excellent. Don't miss a beat and they're great for rock. Fast as hell and punchy. Going to get a couple myself and build a custom box for em. And I know they say 200 rms but like all SSA products they're way underrated. Dude's got both of his on a Kicker 750.1 Hope this helps.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.