What to do in 2010 Honda Accord Sedan

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2010 Accord EXL-V6 and would like to get better sound. If possible I would like to get good sound only changing the speakers and adding an amp.

Is it a waste to go this route without changing the head piece?

Back in the day I had great sound from MB Quart component speakers and Pyle 6x9s in the rear deck. Let me know what is considered high quality today and what you would do with a budget of $2K.

Thanks in advance for your input!

So I went to the local shop to inquire about upgrading my speakers and adding an amp and walked out with the following recommendation. Looking for thoughts here.

Focal 165V30 (Front Door)

Focal IS165 (Rear Deck)

ARC KS300.4 Amp

LC6I Audio Control

Dynamat

Installed

$2100

Any thoughts on price and whether there is some cost save to be had while maintaining good sound quality?

Back in the day MB Quart were my speaker of choice-are they still considered good today?

Thanks for the feedback.

MB Quart used to have some great Component Speakers - I am running a 10 year old set of 'Q Series' in my Honda Accord right now.

However, like many good brands from back in the day now they are now just a budget brand.

They do still make solid amps and at a really good price.

Why are you not going to run a subwoofer? I would skip out on the rear speakers and just use your factory head unit to power the factory rear speakers and use the other 2 channels of the Arc amp to power a 10" sub in the trunk.

Your rear speakers are very unimportant.

The factory speakers in the rear deck along are fine for you.

Those are some pretty nice front speakers you have selected.

Go with a 2 channel ARC amp to power them and leave your rear speakers alone.

It is not worth the money to change them out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.