two 15" type Rs @27hz

Gods_Prototype
10+ year member

Ontario
Is this a good idea or should they be tuned higher, its strictly a street beater. Thats what the guy at the shop here said. I told him I want around 33hz but he said that was for the 12" and I should get 27hz for 15". I wanna make sure this is ok since hes gonna start making it in a couple days.

I really dont think it would make a large substancial difference either way, the 33htz would be great for daily beatings with rap, and 27htz would be suited more for people that listen to a lot of rock.

there is a large difference actually. i built a box for my friend. 15'' R @ 30hz and it sounds excellent but there just isnt enough dB's. with the same power and box orientation a 12'' R @ 34 got louder. i will be building him a new box @ 34-35. my current R's are at 37 and i am loving it.

Thx guys I'm gonna tell him to tune it higher, probably gonna say 33hz just like I told him. I don't even know how he came up with that because I didn't give him the t/s sheet and his shop doesn't deal alpine... I suspect he just wants to reuse an old box design he made.

I would go with 33hz. I had my 10" R's in a box tuned to 33 and sounded great. I had (2) 12" R's @ 40hz and it sounded pretty good for daily.( I was too lazy to re tune the aeros after a comp.)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.