Two 12's & two 10's in a '10 Nissan Pathfinder

Participant count
  • Participant list
To be honest, I have no idea I am sorry. I can look though. As for the specs you gave....I am lost. I don't know anything except how to build stuff, install this wire to that, etc. I listen to a wide variety really. Disturbed to Redfoo and LMFAO to Ylvis to AC/DC & other 70's, 80's, and 90's hard rock to hip hop & Rap. Anything with a hard, fast breast gets me going and I am working on singing talents as well so I tend to be a bit random which is why I thought I would need to install some dials and switches to adjust the hz to where it needs to be right by my steering wheel. Sorry for making it even more complicated.
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
ported box plays about 6hz below tuning these guys like 25hz bass that rattles teeth out of your head (find popwars video of his 8 fu 12's destroying his windshield and roof to understand (jeff has 4 18's and uses 10's for door speakers lol) so they like deeeepppp bass.. if u like old rock like me u would be safe at 35-38hz it'll still pay to 30-32hz safely.. u will just have to figure what size box u can fit and do what i did draw up 5-10 designs figure port length and size get correct cf ad.. we can suggest an amp., great time to buy amps and subs many on sale now..

ported box plays about 6hz below tuning these guys like 25hz bass that rattles teeth out of your head (find popwars video of his 8 fu 12's destroying his windshield and roof to understand (jeff has 4 18's and uses 10's for door speakers lol) so they like deeeepppp bass.. if u like old rock like me u would be safe at 35-38hz it'll still pay to 30-32hz safely.. u will just have to figure what size box u can fit and do what i did draw up 5-10 designs figure port length and size get correct cf ad.. we can suggest an amp., great time to buy amps and subs many on sale now..
no I mainly listen to metal and edm. I need my kick punch super strong fast and clean, being able to play deep bass is just a side effect of being loud. Dont say anything about me that you dont know gramps. Every thread you always manage to get something wrong and p*ss ppl off.

I love deep bass as well as Usher, Flo Rida, Redfoo, Basshunter, BassNectar, etc etc etc are great for a great beat. But yes, I love hard rock too. I'm not looking for windshield breaking bass but would still love a great punch. The 12's I built a custom box in a 98 Ford ranger I had and had 2 MTX amps for it and it broke a window so I had to crack windows while playing it. So, definitely would love the punch but not a broken windshield. I know I have 40 inches wide to play with in the rear of the Pathfinder and about that wide in my Subaru as well. As for the other info I have no idea what you mean as I know nothing about that stuff so I'm an absolute noob to that stuff. Sorry again.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

[/color]

no I mainly listen to metal and edm. I need my kick punch super strong fast and clean, being able to play deep bass is just a side effect of being loud. Dont say anything about me that you dont know gramps. Every thread you always manage to get something wrong and p*ss ppl off.
I wasn't trying to cause any trouble asking you guys here. Sorry if I did.

To be honest, I have no idea I am sorry. I can look though. As for the specs you gave....I am lost. I don't know anything except how to build stuff, install this wire to that, etc. I listen to a wide variety really. Disturbed to Redfoo and LMFAO to Ylvis to AC/DC & other 70's, 80's, and 90's hard rock to hip hop & Rap. Anything with a hard, fast breast gets me going and I am working on singing talents as well so I tend to be a bit random which is why I thought I would need to install some dials and switches to adjust the hz to where it needs to be right by my steering wheel. Sorry for making it even more complicated.
you ideally want a higher tuned box with a lot of power as well. Those genres usually dont have any musical info under 40hz. Everything is 40-80hz so your midbass game needs to be on point which might need a front stage(front door speakers and tweeters) revamp as well.

I would say a few hundred maybe to get new amps maybe more. What did you have in mind?
this amp is a true 1000 watt amp for 140 dollars on amazon you can search it up. Here's the dyno test.

[/color]I wasn't trying to cause any trouble asking you guys here. Sorry if I did.

its not you, its gramps, he pops into every thread with half @ssed knowledge and speaks for other people getting things wrong all the times. Literally almost everyone on the forum is p*ss at him atm. So yeah its not you bro, you good.

I love deep bass as well as Usher, Flo Rida, Redfoo, Basshunter, BassNectar, etc etc etc are great for a great beat. But yes, I love hard rock too.
thats actually not deep bass at all. When we talk about deep bass its literally under 30hz down to 10hz basically. All those artists you mentioned only reach down to 32hz at best.

you ideally want a higher tuned box with a lot of power as well. Those genres usually dont have any musical info under 40hz. Everything is 40-80hz so your midbass game needs to be on point which might need a front stage(front door speakers and tweeters) revamp as well.

this amp is a true 1000 watt amp for 140 dollars on amazon you can search it up. Here's the dyno test.

Will a 1 ohm amp go well with 4 ohm subs? Or does that matter?

its not you, its gramps, he pops into every thread with half @ssed knowledge and speaks for other people getting things wrong all the times. Literally almost everyone on the forum is p*ss at him atm. So yeah its not you bro, you good.
okay just making sure I'm not stepping on any toes. I've said it several times but I still greatly appreciate all the info you guys are giving.

Will a 1 ohm amp go well with 4 ohm subs? Or does that matter?
you have two subs, if they are dual voice coil you can wire down to 1 ohm. If they are single voice coil you will wire down to 2 ohms. simple. at 2 ohms you will still get 742 watts out of that amp which should still be plenty.

you have two subs, if they are dual voice coil you can wire down to 1 ohm. If they are single voice coil you will wire down to 2 ohms. simple. at 2 ohms you will still get 742 watts out of that amp which should still be plenty.
Hmm...I guess the question now is to figure out which is which and figure the correct way to wire them.

Hmm...I guess the question now is to figure out which is which and figure the correct way to wire them.
2_4ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

2_4ohm_svc_2ohm.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.