Tweeters in the rear? Yes? No? How?

The OP is correct about how you young bastards come across like you know everything. I was subjected to the same **** and just no longer will tolerate some piece of **** that just got out of his fathers sack or his mothers womb bashing me because they don't understand SQ. **** SPL AND **** IT UNTIL IT DIES! Now to answer the OP question, you have to decide whether the extra tweeters will make the system sound better or not. NO ONE can tell you that . You have to do a trial and error as I am doing with setting up my SQ system as I type. Good Luck .
WB
Hey man have to agree with you I HATE SPL and systems that are so loud they wake the dead. I am 20 years old and hate compressed music and some rap all my music is uncompressed and my system is going to be awesome when it gets done. The punks that think its cool to drive around and set off car alarms and tick people off behind them and on the sides are jerks and do not know anything about car audio.

I agree. Just because a system can go loud doesn't mean it has to be played loud. One things for sure. The hearing aid companies will not be going out of buisness any time soon as these young punks with the high SPL sound systems will have hearing loss when they get in their 40's due to volume knob abuse.

Lay off the original posters system. He did not ask for opinions about his system. All he asked is whether tweeters would work in the back. It is set up the way he likes it and if it sounds good to him that's all that matters. Can we get this back on topic or is that asking too much? I post at other forums and this is the first one I have ever seen that allows this kind of bashing to go on. It is unnecessary and unprofessional.

X2 what in the world are you doing with your setup. Your front stage is supposed to be were everything comes from your rear is just fill.I would not recommend doing tweeters in the rear. For two reasons the first is it may get to "tinty" with all the higs in the car. Two is that it's something I have done before and did not like the sound at all the guy had a spare set and wanted them i the back here is a pic. They sounded terrible.

IMG_5303.jpg
And I said my opinion on it.

blackdragonaudi, I wasn't refering to that, I was just talking about the ones who were actually bashing his system. Your post was one of the few that was actually helpful.
Anything more than a 2 way coaxial speaker is mostly a gimmic, as the rickety filters that separate those frequencies out cannot do their job anywhere near ass effectively as a separate passive or active crossover.

I'd ditch the dash speakers as in like most vehicles they're probably just mounted randomly rather then specifically aimed to make good use of windshield reflection. front 2 or 3 way comps off an amp, rear coaxials for rear fill if you want, and a substage. Keep it simple, no point in adding a million speakers that don't serve a useful purpose. Most people don't add these things because they make sense, they do it because they figure all stock speaker holes are supposed to be filled with something aftermarket or that more must always be better.

Tweeters in the back-dumb idea.

OH and I probably make more money than you and have bought better car audio than you can afford all paid for in cash. IF I want it I get it, I don't have to take weeks or months to save my pennies or wait for my tax refund check or whatever other people do. No help from Mommy or Daddy, and I mostly get it installed because I don't have time to fuss with such things and figure there's no need for me to waste my time knee deep in wiring and interior panels when I know qualified shops that will do it better and I have money to pay them. I don't have just some **** part time job so I can finance car audio and a pot habit, I have a full time career and I feel tired and lazy when I get home so I pay people to do things for me that I don't feel like doing myself. Id rather relax and enjoy it when it's done.

Audi thats a clean rear deck install. I think im gonna pull mine apart and carpet it soon. But about the op, tweeters in the back are gonna sound like **** IMO. I ran 2 comp sets in the front and rear before, and the highs were a tad too much. They tend to get distorted/choppy when you have that many tweeters it seems.

However if youre black you may like that, its all personal choice. All the black installs ive seen usually just have walmart tweets thrown in with no crossover on stock speakers, and it sounds good to them. My theory is, that like monkeys, blacks have not yet evolved to hear the details in proper mid and high frequency seperation and balance. So as long as the lows and highs are there, **** sound good yo. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

But, Id reccomend a decent set of coaxs in the rear though, and a good comp set up front, and run it on one of those amps you have. Those kenwood 5 ways arent going to sound as good as a decent 2 way coax would. You seem to be on a budget, i would look at the infinity 6x9s or the 6.5s for the rear, and maybe a PG ryval or Inifinty ref comp set up front. Both sets of speakers can be had for

Audi thats a clean rear deck install. I think im gonna pull mine apart and carpet it soon. But about the op, tweeters in the back are gonna sound like **** IMO. I ran 2 comp sets in the front and rear before, and the highs were a tad too much. They tend to get distorted/choppy when you have that many tweeters it seems.
However if youre black you may like that, its all personal choice. All the black installs ive seen usually just have walmart tweets thrown in with no crossover on stock speakers, and it sounds good to them. My theory is, that like monkeys, blacks have not yet evolved to hear the details in proper mid and high frequency seperation and balance. So as long as the lows and highs are there, **** sound good yo. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

But, Id reccomend a decent set of coaxs in the rear though, and a good comp set up front, and run it on one of those amps you have. Those kenwood 5 ways arent going to sound as good as a decent 2 way coax would. You seem to be on a budget, i would look at the infinity 6x9s or the 6.5s for the rear, and maybe a PG ryval or Inifinty ref comp set up front. Both sets of speakers can be had for

That's right, you can show us lowly negroes how it's done with Infinity Refs and PG RSDs. Makes me want feel all ghetto to be loadin my ghetto blaster up with stuff like HERTZ and Eclipse and Pioneer.

AHAHAHAHA that's right you show em how its done

was this a serious post? now your gonna attempt to act cool on a forum by talking down on african americans and their systems and how they have an inability to distinguish noise frequencies? this thread is seriously full of by far the worst posters imaginable. i just opened this thread and i completely want to cut my eyes out because of all this stupid chit chat between a bunch of 09 posters trying to one-up themselves. grow up dudes, seriously.

also, to the op. i have tweets low slung on my rear pillars, somewhat near neck level to whoevers sitting in my back seat. i only put them there in order to let whoevers in the backseat hear the lyrics, because when theyre back there with no rear fill, all they hear is bass. i dropped a set of polk components in, amped them, but laid back on the gains a bit as to where they werent interferring with my listening up front, and didnt mess with any time corrections or anything. its all personal preference.

Um, I dunno how far out of hand this has gotten but from my personal experience tweets in the back either can't really be heard or make the listening environment too harsh. So I'd say don't do them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.