Tweeters in the rear? Yes? No? How?

Oh, I'm so sorry that all of you are such freakin critics. You just don't understand anything I said because obviously you had some installer do your **** and not yourself.
NO, I did NOT say "just tweeters in the rear"!

There is NOTHING wrong with 5-way 6x9's! Some of you probably have them but don't want to admit it.

There is NOTHING wrong with Kenwood, and until you can PROVE there is, maybe you should keep your comments about Kenwood to yourself.

YES! I'm running my tweeters and dash speakers of my head unit, and door & rear speakers off my amps! Why? Well, since you can't figure it out on your own, it's because I only have so many freakin' amps! 5 pairs of speakers, 3 amps, 2 pairs of speaker outputs from deck... YOU do the math! The tweeters I already have in plus the dash speakers are only getting highs, so I don't feel a need to amplify the highs. If anyone in this forum AMPLIFIES their high frequencies by themselves, you need mental help.

ALL I WANTED (but obviously I was asking too much!) was a few SERIUOS answers and opinions! I didn't ask for your opinions on my brands used.

WHY THE HELL IS IT SO **** HARD TO FIND A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE ARE NOT SUCH CRITICS AND WHO LOVE TO TALK DOWN ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE'S BRANDS OF AUDIO EQUIPMENT CHOICES?!?!?!?!?

Oh, I'm sorry, you guys are a bunch of ****ing EXPERTS and PROS! (In your dreams!). If you were all as ****ing smart as you try to claim, you certainly wouldn't need to seek help in a forum full of other idiots like yourselves.

I'm probably older than most of your dads, so to hear nothing but criticism from a bunch of ****ing children who get mommy to pay for their ****, then slam anyone else's just pisses me off.

NOT ONE of your replies was serious or helpful in ANY way. Thanks for nothing!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif:crying://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Are you sure you're a 60 year old police officer and not a pre-menstruating teenage girl?

Stop being a crying bitch and go elsewhere if you can't take the fact that you have crap equipment and an ass-backwards way of hooking it up, and that everyone knows it but you.

Type in caps and go crazy all you want. It only reaffirms the fact that you're an oblivious moron.

Oh, and the "anyone who amps their tweeters are crazy" comment is hilarious. Apparently everyone who runs an active front stage, and a large majority of the SQ competitors as well, have no idea how to do this car audio thing that apparently you have down pat with your 20 speakers that include 5-way 6x9's. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

That whole response is sig worthy and it just makes me appreciate how far I've come in the 7 years I've been into audio. I started when was 15 with a pair of Sony 10s and 90x2 ("480 max watt!!!") amp in a prefab Circuit City special and a Blaupunkt HU from Costco. We all start somewhere but after I found this forum and others I have learned so much from reading first and buying second! OP you should take that advice and stop buying stuff asap. Read around on here. Read the stickies. Then go back and see how you can re do your system the right way and save yourself from wasting money or possibly burning your car to the ground.

I also don't see where anyone said anything about "kenwood".

We've all seen, or heard, the "5 way 6x9" at the big box stores. Sorry, old dude, they ****. For the price you paid for them you could have gotten a decent set of component speakers. Don't feel too bad, most of the gear you see at the big box stores **** and are a waste of money. Spend some time reading here and other boards and you can learn from others mistakes.

My advice to you before was legit. Stop spending time/money on your rear speakers. You need to focus on getting a decent component speakers in your front doors powered by an amp. Disconnect dash speakers. You can power the rear speakers off the HU if you want, or just disconnect them, it doens't matter. Front speakers are where your sound should come from.

Calm down and reread these posts in this thread, you got good advice that will give you great sound for not alot of money.

If you keep posting here you'll have to have to get thicker skin, we can be brutal because there are way too many knuckleheads who buy the wrong kind of gear at BestBuy then come here to ask how to improve it. Then get defensive when they don't like what they hear. Just like you did. Don't be that guy.

The OP is correct about how you young bastards come across like you know everything. I was subjected to the same **** and just no longer will tolerate some piece of **** that just got out of his fathers sack or his mothers womb bashing me because they don't understand SQ. **** SPL AND **** IT UNTIL IT DIES! Now to answer the OP question, you have to decide whether the extra tweeters will make the system sound better or not. NO ONE can tell you that . You have to do a trial and error as I am doing with setting up my SQ system as I type. Good Luck .

WB

The OP is correct about how you young bastards come across like you know everything. I was subjected to the same **** and just no longer will tolerate some piece of **** that just got out of his fathers sack or his mothers womb bashing me because they don't understand SQ. **** SPL AND **** IT UNTIL IT DIES! Now to answer the OP question, you have to decide whether the extra tweeters will make the system sound better or not. NO ONE can tell you that . You have to do a trial and error as I am doing with setting up my SQ system as I type. Good Luck .
WB
aaaaannnnnddddd.......BAN!

Sure more people talk trash than give help in these forums but if you ignore them then there will be helpful people that come along and give good advice. I'm pretty sure the average poster age here is still in high school which describes the maturity level. (I'm college grad)

Another option is don't get mad, get even. For example I would have said:

LOL 5-Way 6x9s? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
I'll 5-way and 6x9 your grandmother sonny! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

WB
coming from the guy who said capacitors helped his install...check my sig.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:

WB
You need to either grow thicker skin, learn more or STFU.

coming from the guy who said capacitors helped his install...check my sig.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:
YES!!! that is funny.......

very funny!! people need to educate themselves before they come on here talkin about **** they don't know about. its funny! i thought that wishbone character killed himself or something after that epic thread...

Mount the tweeters in the back and see how they sound. You could connect them in parallel with the front tweeters. If it doesn't work out you will have learned something from the experience. **** what others say. Only thing that matters is that you like the sound of your system. I'd rather do something and have it fail versus not doing it and never knowing if it would have worked.

why do you have your front stage running off your deck, and rear stage off amps?
X2 what in the world are you doing with your setup. Your front stage is supposed to be were everything comes from your rear is just fill.

I would not recommend doing tweeters in the rear. For two reasons the first is it may get to "tinty" with all the higs in the car. Two is that it's something I have done before and did not like the sound at all the guy had a spare set and wanted them i the back here is a pic. They sounded terrible.

IMG_5303.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.