tweeters blowing? need some advice please!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yours is 2 volt not 4v. Sorry to burst that bubble lol. Your gains would not need to be at half if it was 4 volt
TAXiru.jpg

Other than fancy toy features irrelevant to audio, the audio tuning on that pioneer n1 is garbage. a cheapo 180 dollar pioneer nowadays will spank that outright in the sound department. The 500 dollar navi units nowadays will spank that in both speed, usability and audio performance but surprisingly the cheaper non navi head units are better for sound quality than the NEX flagship line purely due to the NEX not being active capable.

Sorry i'm an extreme head unit nerd, its all about the audio performance specs for me down to the type of DAC used, internal parts etc..
thats crazy because here on pioneer's website it says 3 4v preouts- AVH-X6500DVD - 1-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" WVGA Touchscreen Display, MIXTRAX, and AppRadio Mode for iPhone® 4S and iPhone® 4 | Pioneer Electronics USA

yea i might be upgrading the head unit to maybe this- AVH-X7800BT - 1-DIN DVD Receiver with 7" Flip-out Display, Bluetooth®, Siri® Eyes Free, Spotify®, and AppRadio One™ | Pioneer Electronics USA

yeah some times pioneer lies about their pre-out voltages. At crutchfield they actually test out all the options and pre-out voltages and show a proper one. They claim 4 volts but the most you get is 2 volts. That was common with the older pioneers and some of the newer cheaper ones that list 2 volts dont even make it to 2 volts. There's a few specific models to avoid but most of them are decent. The 7800bt would be a massive upgrade.

yeah some times pioneer lies about their pre-out voltages. At crutchfield they actually test out all the options and pre-out voltages and show a proper one. They claim 4 volts but the most you get is 2 volts. That was common with the older pioneers and some of the newer cheaper ones that list 2 volts dont even make it to 2 volts. There's a few specific models to avoid but most of them are decent. The 7800bt would be a massive upgrade.
yea i can see that, some sites i checked that sold the AVH-X6500DVD said 2v and some said 4v. yea that 7800 has a lot of nice features!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.