tweeter replacement

jrobie79
10+ year member

I have a set of the PPI 356cs and for what ever reason, cant figure it out, one of my tweeters **** the bed; other one works fine, wires have continuity, so w/e. I havent had much luck finding replacements specific to that set, so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of what I should use to replace them....any input appreciated.

did you swap the working tweeter and non-working tweeter? it may be that the crossover has a bad cap.

PPI was bought out, blame the parent company.

Montebello, Calif. — Precision Power (PPI), the popular amplifier brand of the early ’90s, was purchased from Directed Electronics by Epsilon Electronics for an undisclosed sum.
Epsilon also owns brands including Power Acoustik, Farenheit, SPL, Kole Audio and Soundstream Technologies.

Yeah I swapped the good tweeter to the other side and it works fine, everything checks out aside from the tweeter itself, checked amp settings and head unit settings, its all equal so as far as I can tell its just the tweeter

ok, then i recommend buying two replacement tweeters so they sound the same. make sure the impedance is the same. the frequency response will be similar if the domes are the same size. larger dome sizes are ok to use.

what to get depends on your budget. you can check Parts Express or Madisound for replacement tweeters.

just found this information out:

freq response: 60Hz - 22kHz

sensitivity: 87db

impedence: 4 ohms

Fs: 65.96 Hz

Re: 3.4 ohms

Qms: 5.91

Qes: .65

Qts: .58

L1: .5

Vas (L): 7.38

Mms (Kg): .13

Cms: .437

Bl: 5.38

Xmax: .11328

Take a couple pics of the tweeter w/o the grill and post it here. Don't use your craptastic cell phone camera either; use a digital camera and get some in-focus close ups. There's a 100% chance that PPI didn't make those tweeters and there's probably something similar, if not exact, you can get OTC.

5746692389_303445811f_z.jpg

5746692965_120f427920_z.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.