New to audio and the site....help me out

heavychevy77

Ok so I have decided to put some sound into my lifted single cab z71, Im new to the audio idea and need some help......I want the change all my stock speakers and put a small sub in, I listen mainly to rock and country so keep that in mind

So far Ive found these, just dont kno which ones to get.....need opinions

6.5s - Alpine Spr 60 (im not sure if i should run components?)

Infinity kappa 63.9i

4x6s - Alpine Sps 406

Infinity kappa 462.9cfp

highs amp - hifonics hfi 100.2 (just run the 6.5s on the amp)

hifonics hfi 55.4 ( I could run all the infinitys off of this amp because they are 2

ohm, but i could bridge it for alpine 6.5s to have more watts)

* if yal have any suggested please let me kno, im very open minded to any suggestion, thanks

Welcome to the forum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yes you should run components - the extra work spent is worth it. Let us know your budget and we can assist you further.

Welcome to the forum! Pics are always welcome(everyone loves pics) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Don't forget there is a very good classified section for used gear and some new stuff too, just in case you think some things are out of reach because of price, there always seems to be very very good deals in there.

You must upload it to photobucket or flickr or something - copy the URL for the image then click the picture button in the reply box thing and paste it in the dialog box.

facebook works too - right click, copy image url. or right click, properties, image url (highlight, copy)

Alpine Type R is a good speaker for the money, the subs and components are both worth a shot if you want to stick with mainstream brands....shop around for online price, they can be had for cheap. Components are typically worth it if you don't mind mounting a tweeter.

Hifonics is really hit or miss, they've had some good stuff and some real turds. Might want to reconsider that choice.

if0c4k.jpg
[/img]

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

What highs amp would yal suggest? since hifonics is a no go

MB Quart is a nice budget amp. You can sort of tell what's the hot stuff here just by the sheer numbers of replys and conversations in a amplifier classifieds ad. I would surf here for a bit before jumping on anything new, but that's just me.

Glad I asked for pics!! Nice Truck! I can see your not gonna have a lot of room to work with for a sub, but that's not a problem, ingenuity goes a long way in car audio. If you are still undecided on your amp for the component speakers, I would always suggest a reputable brand that been around forever and has a good track record for amps, Rockford Fosgate. They are a little on the high side(price wise) but guaranteed power and will take a good amount of abuse. I have been running Hifonics amps since the early nineties and have never had a single problem, but they are not the flavor of the week this week in this forum. I would definitely do a good amount of research on amps and components before I spent my money. Taking from the look of your truck, you already know patience and hard work pay off!

[/color]What highs amp would yal suggest? since hifonics is a no go
I'm a fan of old-school amps - they're built like tanks, can generally take a great deal of abuse, are often very underrated and can be had on the cheap nowadays. I have amps from the 80s and early 90s in my car and couldn't be happier with them. don't know if you're looking for used or not though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.