Tweeter Repair ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LoneStarWings
10+ year member

I made a boneheaded move today.

While taking my door panels off to install some dynamat I inadvertantly snagged my tweeter's speaker wire, and it must've pulled the wire loose inside of the tweeter because it no longer produces any sound.

Is there any way to open up a tweeter to repair this, I can do basic soldering. It's an image dynamics XS28 if it matters. I don't really see any easy way to open this thing up and figure out where the wire is lose. Thanks!

if i remember correctly the tweeter is assembled with some type of adhesive. if it's under warrenty you could send it back to ID for repair. or you could try to disassemble it very carefully and then use an adhesive to put it back together. if i remember correctly someone accidently seperated the tweeter and it was said that an adhesive can put it back together.

here's that thread

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3690

but i'm not too sure about the soldering after lookin at the tweet better.

Thanks for the replies guy. That one was an NX30, which looks a little different. Obviously I'd rather try and repair it myself that go weeks without my tweet, but after prying at it a little bit I think there's about zero chance of this thing opening up. I'd probably damage it worse.

then i'd go ahead and give either give ID a call or get on their site and post a request in the id repair area
Posted there, thanks horesman. I tried prying at it quite a bit with vice grips and some pliers, thing won't budge a hair.

matt will want pics btw lol we always love pics over there lol
holy crap your rollswindowsdownmanually lol
Aww geeze the pics would probably just be embarassing. I chewed up the bottom plastic pretty good trying to seperate the thing and ended up squeezing off most of the postive lead....at this point I'm thinking it's just replacement time if ID will sell me one for less than $100.

Yeah I saw that. Guess I'll wait till Monday to see what Eric or Matt say and figure it out then. **** my clutzy self //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif. poor xs28 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Ahh well what fun is car audio without things going wrong from time to time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.