Tweeter location

z0n3d0u7
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alright, So i put more thought into it, And its more then just tweeter location. More like Imagine question's..

So im getting ready to cut my Ring's, And buy some Resin, brushes, gloves, tape, ect to start installing my componet set's tomarrow.

Im wanting something like these for my car, But i dont like the imaging. So im gonna create my own.

DM03040_l.jpg

Im thinking i should aim the mid more up, And to the passenger's ear / middle of the front seat's from the drivers side, And oposite from the pass side. Does this sound correct? its my first time doing an install.

And im CLUELESS on tweeter placment, But from most of the installs ive seen and like, there on the A pillar, About head level, Aimed at Eachother. Does this sound right? Or should i try to put them on the door pod? [Dont really want them on the door.]

Im thinking something along the lines of this:

IMG_0655.JPG

Also, Im gonna build set of these for rear 6.5" Mid's, They'll go in the rear arm reat area. But ill probably have to bring the mid's out more to give room behind it. but where shall i aim them?

DM03036_l.jpg

What are your guyses opinions?

Equipment is a set of CTX65CS componets up front, and eventually ID 6.5" OEM mid's in the rear at 2 ohm's off of a Orion 400.2 [200x2]

i've seen a lot of tweets in the a-pillar, ive had some there before. i actually like them on the doors near the dash just beneath the side windows, thats where im putting my next tweets.

hook them up and move them around and see where you like them before you spend the time building the pillars up and not like them there.

My cars completly stripped, and is in different places, and i wont have any power to my compont amp for a while.

Anyway i put the componets in my car, There SURE to sound better then the 3.5's and 4x10's that are in there now.

Also ill probably be sticking with the stock upper door panel's, So it'd be hard to flush mount them

Nope, Im at sounddomain, And LayitLow tho.

Went and got a gallon of resin, 8sqft of mat, cup's, dowel's, stir stick's, chip brushes, ect. and started [after brainstorming MANY idea's]

Here's what ive come up with. They will be bolted to the actual door panel, No cutting, or anything.

Glassin01.jpg

Glassin02.jpg

Here's Approx where i think my ring will sit. It's about 1" out further then the arm rest, But i may be able to get it flush. If not ill come up with something.

Glassin03.jpg

does it look too thick to you guys? I layed down a decent amount of resin, got the bubbles i seen out of it, Layed 3x3 squares, dabbed them with resin, and smoothed it as much as possible.

My window seals leak real bad, And im scared my mids will get wet. Plus if you look at the space available, Then the space the ring takes up, there's not too many other choices. For now i just want them in and working, lol.

Also, How many layers should my "Base" be? I just put my second layer of mat, and resin on it. Figured the stronger the better since itll be bolted to the door panel.

Not to mention, Right behind my mid, Is where my window motor sit's.

First of, Rule number one is alcohol must be involved (?) To the right you see my crown and sierra mist [which came in handy when i burnt my self on the pink hot glue gun!] Dont mind the glue gun neither.

doorpod04.jpg

Then i positioned my ring, Cut the dowel's, And started glueing

doorpod06.jpg

Just an idea of where they'll sit.

doorpod07.jpg

With mid

doorpod08.jpg

All trimmed up [i used a set of Dykes, go ahead and laugh. Couldnt run the jigsaw at 2am.] with mid and grille

doorpod09.jpg

Showing clearance.

doorpod10.jpg

Wrapped in T Shirt, With grille. [Had two creases. I think they'll be okay.]

doorpod11.jpg

Same, Different angle.

doorpod12.jpg

ya bro that's lookin good, but it might have been a little better to go with bigger "boxes", so you get better mid response, but i think they'll be good either way. also, get a new h.u. bro, dual ***** ass =)

Traded my CDA-9885 for it. It was a bad trade on my part, But i needed an Indash screen with DVD, and multiple video out's. So it does its job for now. Ive been pondering throwing an EQ in the mix to bump up the pre-out's, But i gotta get my cash right first.

Also, i understand the whole enclosure thing, But wouldnt a whole door [Not to mention one that aint air tight] be a bit TOO much "Enclosure"? Might as well run em free-air'd.

Do you think i should put some polyfil in it to try to getbetter responce?

even with poly fill you won't get the same sound as using the door. granted a properly deadened door will sound better then one w/o any i still say using the door is gonna get you a better response. if your worried about mositure then get you a rain guard to go above the mid. one of those foam baffles cut in half would work great that way it'll cover the back of the speaker and let any water just run off of it.

i noticed your in wichita, if your ever in the JC area i'll be glad to let you hear my car. i haven't yet deadened my door but i'm sure you'll know what i'm talkin about when u hear it.

My main problem, is this is the first time working with fiberglass, So i dont wanna do anything i cant undo if i mess up. these probably wont be permenant. I honestly thought it was gonna take atleast 6 more months to pay someone to make me some pod's. so overall im happy with my pod.

Id love to hear your system, And if i ever plan to go up that way, Ill shoot you a PM.

Thanks for the advice.

That looks like a good start man... Horsemanwill's got good advice but if you don't want to modify the car than that's understandable.

I have that same component set and I'm working on some pods for them as well... let me know how you like those speakers!

DCP_0023-2.jpg

DCP_0026-2.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.