HSK165 on 300w+

night_mirage
10+ year member

WooW Amazing Speakers ..

I 've installed them on zx650.4 .. but for the first time i've tried the 120w

but after two days i bridged the 4ch to get 325w each side

I'm running them passive and the AMP gain is turned down, because i don't want to hurt my speakers and its even very loud and clear ..

Mid's are getting every note, and TW are really amazing

anyone else running over 300w

I have a set too getting about 140 watts per side right now. Something like that is in the plans but I think I will be happy with approximately 200 watts per side and the gains backed down near the minimum. Im not one of these people who think it will go up in flames if you go 1 watt over RMS or anything but I have to wonder once you start overpowering speaker by more than 2 or 2.5 times rms, how much of it you can still even use safely or how much of it you'll ever see. Especially considering in this situation you'll be relaxing the gain at the same time. Maybe Im wrong but could there be a 'diminishing returns' issue at some point?

I guess it makes sense if you already have the amp and you decide to bridge and get some insane power but Im not up for purchasing 650 watts of amplification then only using half or 3/4ths of it.

Where can I find these speakers for a reasonable price!? I was looking for a set a few weeks ago and completely forgot about them until now because I have been so busy! My G8 is in desperate need of a speaker upgrade for the front stage!

I ran my Boston Pro 60's with 225 for several years. Then I wanted more.....so I jumped it up to 400 with gains nearly all the way down. After about 10 min I could smell the crossovers heating up. So I went back to 225 for now.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

J

Where can I find these speakers for a reasonable price!? I was looking for a set a few weeks ago and completely forgot about them until now because I have been so busy! My G8 is in desperate need of a speaker upgrade for the front stage!
try mobilesoundworks.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

night_mirage

10+ year member
night_mirage
Jordan - Saudi Arabia - Lebanon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from