Tweeter help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

tony1977

My tweeters started shutting off at high volumes and come back on when the volume is tuned down for a few seconds. What causes this to happen? Im running them off boston 6.4 crossovers with boston 6.5 and the tweets are rockford punch series. Worked fine for about 3 weeks now they are shutting off. Any suggestions? If it was the amp you would think it would happen to the mids also.

Sounds like they might be xover too low,or they just cant handle the power straight up,and clipped at one time, and are DONE!

The crossovers have a switch for the tweets that say flat or -3db. They are currently set at -3bd. What's the differance of these settings and could this be causing my problem?

It could very well be.Run through them,and see.I like mine set @0,or +3-6db,depending on the xover.Try running through the db settings to see,but, Id still check the tweet for Ohm reading.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.