Tweeter Amplification requirements for active setup

sorry to sound like a noob but, if i have my four tweeters to two channels and my door speakers to two channels. Wouldnt i need a crossover that has highs, mids , and lows? All i seem to find are front, rear, and sub. I would need to find a cross over that has a higher highpass for the tweets. Could you guys help me out?

sorry to sound like a noob but, if i have my four tweeters to two channels and my door speakers to two channels. Wouldnt i need a crossover that has highs, mids , and lows? All i seem to find are front, rear, and sub. I would need to find a cross over that has a higher highpass for the tweets. Could you guys help me out?
This thread is in regards to an active setup. the OP is using his head unit as the crossovers. But I believe what you are referring to is a 3 way crossover. Clarion makes one of those.

Wouldnt you need a way higher high pass filter for the highs than the mids? You wouldnt want to have the same high pass would you? The active crossovers i find have the same problem. Im just not really understanding.

Wouldnt you need a way higher high pass filter for the highs than the mids? You wouldnt want to have the same high pass would you? The active crossovers i find have the same problem. Im just not really understanding.
Yes, what you can do is cross over the mids where you would like and then use a small cap for the tweets to further curtail the freq. they recieve. Run the tweets off the feed for the mids. easy. Fyi, my prs 720's sound better through the passive x-overs, I'm sure if I spent a week fiddleing with them I could gain another 1% goin active, but why. Pioneer worked awful hard on those passive networks, who am I to argue with them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.