Tuning The Amps

So I have 2 amps in my car, one a polk 660, for the doors, and a hifonics colossus pro 5k, for the subs. I need help tuning the amps for best quality and sound. Not sure at all how to go about with this. Any links or advice/steps for me will be most appreciated.

I suggest you spend some time reading posts on this site.

4 awg is not sufficient, your either going to kill your amp not giving it enough power or the 4 awg is going to melt.

but now im curious what sub are you running?

I suggest you spend some time reading posts on this site.4 awg is not sufficient, your either going to kill your amp not giving it enough power or the 4 awg is going to melt.

but now im curious what sub are you running?
2 Pioneer TS-W3003D4 are my subs

at least upgrade the power cables, search big 3

if you have subs hooked up 4 ohm each you might be ok (600w). most people would hook that amp up at 2 ohm (5000w) potential.

I would get 2/0 power cable, fuses, batteries. then trash those subs and get an soundqubed hdc4 18 with that amp.

at least upgrade the power cables, search big 3if you have subs hooked up 4 ohm each you might be ok (600w). most people would hook that amp up at 2 ohm (5000w) potential.

I would get 2/0 power cable, fuses, batteries. then trash those subs and get an soundqubed hdc4 18 with that amp.
Hemm. so it is unsafe to run as is? or can i keep it like i do not until i get the new cables?

Suprisingly, I havent upgraded my cars alt or batt yet. they seem to be doing alright.

BTW i do have my amp running at 2 ohms

it all depends on how many amps you amplifier is pulling to produce needed power. more power bigger cable. some people have 8 runs of 1/0 just for positive side (about the size of a baseball) lol

assuming you have 4 awg with 100a fuse near the battery that should blow before any fire occurs. if you want any more power from it upgrading is a must

go to 12volt.com sub wiring then you can see how you wired the subs

you probably havent needed to upgrade because your running at a high impedance load. That amp puts out 2500rms bridged but for your application. since you have those 2 subs you have 2 options for wiring here.

like this and run 1250rms divided by 2 off of one channel only

or run them like this each sub to its own channel and give each sub 950rms each. but like this chances are you'll have low voltage which is bad for the amp and your vehicle

regardless 4 gauge is NOT enough for that amp it uses TWO runs of 1/0 do you even have 2 runs of 4 gauge going to it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.