Tuning,kinda,question(s)

Lets just say with my corolla, i saw massive increase in bass strength and clarity after adding a 2nd battery. Same issue with my buddy's jeep. 2nd battery makes a huge difference especially with power hogging Rockford amps.
So are all amps wired to the extra battery or just sub amp? Do capacitors do anything or not, everything I have read is a mixed bag. Thanks for the input.

So are all amps wired to the extra battery or just sub amp? Do capacitors do anything or not, everything I have read is a mixed bag. Thanks for the input.
battery to the rear, all amps wired to that rear batt.  Capacitors do absolutely nothing, they dont store enough nor do they produce any power, put that money into an even better battery. 

The only caveat to adding another battery is making sure your charging system can keep up with charging both batteries since the extra capacity needs to be replaced or else you will just end up with a dead battery and be back to square one

The only caveat to adding another battery is making sure your charging system can keep up with charging both batteries since the extra capacity needs to be replaced or else you will just end up with a dead battery and be back to square one

Well it appears there is not an upgraded alternator available for my car. So it will be stock plus one battery, is this not worth doing? I have read a stock alternator can charge two batteries but I don't know.

@Jeffdachef as far as a pioneer head unit with networking is concerned. I want to go double din, so the 80prs is out for me. But comparing them on crutchfields site the difference from the least expensive one to the most expensive ones are features I don't care about or screen size. Is this correct and are the " important " parts the same quality? Because I would rather pay 250 than 450. Thanks

@Jeffdachef as far as a pioneer head unit with networking is concerned. I want to go double din, so the 80prs is out for me. But comparing them on crutchfields site the difference from the least expensive one to the most expensive ones are features I don't care about or screen size. Is this correct and are the " important " parts the same quality? Because I would rather pay 250 than 450. Thanks
there's no audio difference, they use all the same sound chips. just the software and video hardware is different.

Well it appears there is not an upgraded alternator available for my car. So it will be stock plus one battery, is this not worth doing? I have read a stock alternator can charge two batteries but I don't know.
It will charge both as long as you are not drawing more current than the alt can provide continuously while driving the car. If you are, it could draw down the batteries over time, which would ruin them. 

Bass will change often as there are many reasons for it, but mainly the problem is how it starts in the process of creating a music recording. I recommend for everyone serious about good sound to expect to adjust the bass level in their vehicle second only to adjusting the main system volume level. There is no "silver bullet" subwoofer setup that will make that need go away.

There are ways around that. Buy a used alternator or pull one at a scrap yard. Take that alternator to a shop that rebuilds them. Tell them the specs you want and they should be able to build you an H.O. alternator. If they can't, find someone who can.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are ways around that. Buy a used alternator or pull one at a scrap yard. Take that alternator to a shop that rebuilds them. Tell them the specs you want and they should be able to build you an H.O. alternator. If they can't, find someone who can.
Good idea, will have to look into that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.