Would this wiring diagram work fine?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joel114

CarAudio.com Recruit
I am wondering if this plan I made would work fine. I don't care If the rear is mono.

Audio Setup.png

I am wondering if this plan I made would work fine. I don't care If the rear is mono.

View attachment 1628
You still need to balance left to right on rear speakers and not on one ch.You can run mixed stereo/ mono on rear ch.for a sub.Either run the rears off HU power with an in-line cap , and use ch 3&4 for sub duty, or keep all rears on amp and run Mixed stereo/mono with sub. You will need to read your manual for specifications/requirements.Always get an amplifier for sub duty alone, and run 4 ch for fronts and rears.

You still need to balance left to right on rear speakers and not on one ch.You can run mixed stereo/ mono on rear ch.for a sub.Either run the rears off HU power with an in-line cap , and use ch 3&4 for sub duty, or keep all rears on amp and run Mixed stereo/mono with sub. You will need to read your manual for specifications/requirements.Always get an amplifier for sub duty alone, and run 4 ch for fronts and rears.
Radio to amp RCAs will be another factor of how you will be running those channels as well.Again .. make sure you read and follow the amplifier manual/directions and specifications

So it would be best just to have FR on channel 1 and speaker FR, FL on channel 2 and speaker FL, RR on channel 3 and speaker RR, and RL on channel 4 and speaker RL with a mono amp for the sub. Would I use one or both sub ports on the radio?

So it would be best just to have FR on channel 1 and speaker FR, FL on channel 2 and speaker FL, RR on channel 3 and speaker RR, and RL on channel 4 and speaker RL with a mono amp for the sub. Would I use one or both sub ports on the radio?
Correct on the Amp to speakers.You can still run a sub off the rear in stereo/mixed mono if you follow the specifications of the amplifiers manuel.Dont expect to hit some serious lows that way, but you can have some bass response along with your mid and highs.Its best to run a sub amp if you can and if you want to hit some really nice lows and take the stress off the 4 ch.as far as utilizing two rca/left and right from the HU, it depends on the HU as well as the amp. practice is left to left ch, and right to right ch to sub amp on sub out from HU.Again, the user manual should direct you on the criteria of the HU as well as the amplifier.be sure to choose the proper sub for the amplifiers ohm load.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive had a Kenwood HU only accept one RCA ch. for a dedicated sub amp.i never had the HU checked out but it served just fine for that install in a work truck on an Ed Nine 1 on a single 10

What does the line blocker do exactly?
There are different in-line bass blockers that you can buy for different sized speakers.I only gave an example for a 6.5 speaker.There are several different kinds for different sized speakers.These are pretty generic and work just fine to help protect your speakers from unwanted low tones/ect.You may be able to utilize the settings on that 80prs? Ive never owned an 80prs so I cant vouch for that.You will have to read upon your manual to verify that, but these blockers are cheap enough and can easily be placed in-line on the + connection of each speaker to run off the direct wiring from the HU to that speaker and you can utilize settings from the HU, and leaving ch 3&4 on the amp to use for sub woofer duty out of the HU to the that amp.

There are different in-line bass blockers that you can buy for different sized speakers.I only gave an example for a 6.5 speaker.There are several different kinds for different sized speakers.These are pretty generic and work just fine to help protect your speakers from unwanted low tones/ect.You may be able to utilize the settings on that 80prs? Ive never owned an 80prs so I can vouch for that.You will have to read upon your manual to verify that, but these blockers are cheap enough and can easily be placed in-line on the + connection of each speaker to run off the direct wiring from the HU to that speaker and you can utilize settings from the HU, and leaving ch 3&4 on the amp to use for sub woofer duty out of the HU to the that amp.
Could you look at what I am getting before I get it? I am going to wait on adding the sub and just use the one amp with each speaker getting its own channel. Is there anything I sould change or add and which HU should I get? Thank you.

List of stuff

Could you look at what I am getting before I get it? I am going to wait on adding the sub and just use the one amp with each speaker getting its own channel. Is there anything I sould change or add and which HU should I get? Thank you.

List of stuff
Not knowing the vehicle this is going in or what your budget is or what your expectations are for your system(SQ,SQL, or SPL) what battery you have and alternator size ect. I can not tell you what you need. I can make recommendations, and you will need to do your homework, and make your own decisions for your money spent.I can tell you what Ive used and what has worked for me for my money spent.what vehicle is this going in, and what are you looking to do, and what is your budget?Others can chime in as well to recommend also/help out

List of stuff
Of everything Ive seen listed, I only like the 14ga wire roll, and I do like the Kicker sub.Ive ran 4 of those and they do not do too  bad to be honest.There are a bit better made subs out there for the money. Im not a fan of pioneer HUs(Pico Fuse Issues),Not a fan of Kicker speakers, though I do like some of theyre tweeters and older stuff,Rockville? Never used or tried anything from them, cant comment on anything made by them,Install bay.. Ive used before, not a great quality source of wiring but works, better can be had for few more $.Boss products? Ive used and have had experience from entry level installs and not so great or reliable products, cheaply made gear.

Of everything Ive seen listed, I only like the 14ga wire roll, and I do like the Kicker sub.Ive ran 4 of those and they do not do too  bad to be honest.There are a bit better made subs out there for the money. Im not a fan of pioneer HUs(Pico Fuse Issues),Not a fan of Kicker speakers, though I do like some of theyre tweeters and older stuff,Rockville? Never used or tried anything from them, cant comment on anything made by them,Install bay.. Ive used before, not a great quality source of wiring but works, better can be had for few more $.Boss products? Ive used and have had experience from entry level installs and not so great or reliable products, cheaply made gear.
What HU would you recommend for around $100 or what brand? I can fit a double din in my car (2005 Pontiac Sunfire).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.