Tuning enclosure for 2 DA D6's

kizzo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
All over
So im going to have an enclosure for 2 Diamond Audio D6 subwoofers and im going to basically follow the tech sheet. Im looking to maintain SQ but at the same time get some nice SPL. What hz should i tune it to? Primarily i listen to rap in my system, but i change it out to hardcore, rock, etc. every now and then. Im running 600-650w rms to each subwoofer.

Diamond told me to follow the tech sheet.

The tech sheet reads:

1.25cu ft per chamber

Fb/f3(Hz) : 40/34

Ports: 4"x20.5"

Pe (w) : 800

Its going to be a the trunk of small sedan.

Yeah a 12.5square inch port in 1.25 cube box won't get loud. The tuning is right on though at 40Hz. Here's an easy A/B comparison and you have the option of playing either, both or none. Do twice the port they tell you to. 1.25 cubic feet net volume with 2) 4" round vents @ 20.5" in length PER SUB. You can always block off the second port with a chunk of seat cushion foam. Play one, then open the second and tell us which one you like most overall.

You run to DA D6's in that box in your RSX? Im trying to get the best SQL possible here.

PS: I thought everyone who had an rsx was about ED haha

You run to DA D6's in that box in your RSX? Im trying to get the best SQL possible here.
PS: I thought everyone who had an rsx was about ED haha
I ran a D6 now I run a TDX in a single 12 box,its definaly SQL,hits like a sealed but outputs like an SPL - I really dig it

I dont run eD subs or speakers(unimpressed),but I do run a 9.1 to my TDX

The box I metioned I know you will like,or make your own and get full of sawdust //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

RSXTDX.jpg

Sorry to bump a semi old thread, but i ws thinking of getting two D6's ported, and 1.25 cu. ft. seems much to small. I was thinking of using Moe Lester's plans, but not sure which one. Maybe around 4 cu. ft.?

For 800 in a ported box I'd guestimate 1.6 or so would be safe..... you can do 2 as long as you're safe with those gain knobs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.