Tuning Car set up first time

So would I be right in saying My front speakers wont even be pushed that hard:
https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/rvl6kit/

Rockville RVL6KIT 6.5“ 800 Watt Pair of Component Speakers With Aluminum Cone/Silk Dome

Peak Power Rating: 400 Watts Each / 800 Watts per Pair

RMS Power Rating: 100 Watts Each / 200 Watts per Pair

6.5” Mid-Bass Aluminum Cone Drivers

1“ Ferro-Fluid Cooled Silk Soft Dome Tweeter

1.25” High Power Voice Coil

Magnet Weight: 15.3 Oz

Magnet dimensions: 100 x 50 x 15 mm

Stamped Steel Basket

Alloy Bullet Phase Plug

Butyl Rubber Surround

Structure Weight: 70 oz

Complete with Wire Mesh Grills & Installation Hardware

Includes Flush and Surface Tweeter Mounts

Frequency Response: 65-22,000 Hz

Sensitivity: 93dB @ 1w/1m SPL

System Impedance: 4 Ohm

Mounting Depth: 3“
Who knows. Only one way to find out. Those appear to be pro audio, they will get fairly loud, but won't sound good if you enjoy really listening to music. Critical listening where you are trying to visualize the band and effects. That holographic goodness.

If that's what you are after you are going to be very disappointed. If you just want loud and don't care, you will be fine.

Who knows. Only one way to find out. Those appear to be pro audio, they will get fairly loud, but won't sound good if you enjoy really listening to music. Critical listening where you are trying to visualize the band and effects. That holographic goodness. If that's what you are after you are going to be very disappointed. If you just want loud and don't care, you will be fine.
Oh **** I wanted really good sound. I suppose they will sound better than the 15 year old factory system that was in there!

Who knows. Only one way to find out. Those appear to be pro audio, they will get fairly loud, but won't sound good if you enjoy really listening to music. Critical listening where you are trying to visualize the band and effects. That holographic goodness. If that's what you are after you are going to be very disappointed. If you just want loud and don't care, you will be fine.
I ran sound for several bands on a ton of different rigs for several years, and these are by no means pro audio gear. Pro audio setups dont use anything smaller than a 10 for mids 99% of the time, usually a 15. Silk dome tweeters are a big giveaway too and a 1" tweeter wouldnt cut it in a PA setup

I ran sound for several bands on a ton of different rigs for several years, and these are by no means pro audio gear. Pro audio setups dont use anything smaller than a 10 for mids 99% of the time, usually a 15. Silk dome tweeters are a big giveaway too and a 1" tweeter wouldnt cut it in a PA setup
They are classified as pro audio.

So would I be right in saying My front speakers wont even be pushed that hard:
https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/rvl6kit/

Rockville RVL6KIT 6.5“ 800 Watt Pair of Component Speakers With Aluminum Cone/Silk Dome

Peak Power Rating: 400 Watts Each / 800 Watts per Pair

RMS Power Rating: 100 Watts Each / 200 Watts per Pair

6.5” Mid-Bass Aluminum Cone Drivers

1“ Ferro-Fluid Cooled Silk Soft Dome Tweeter

1.25” High Power Voice Coil

Magnet Weight: 15.3 Oz

Magnet dimensions: 100 x 50 x 15 mm

Stamped Steel Basket

Alloy Bullet Phase Plug

Butyl Rubber Surround

Structure Weight: 70 oz

Complete with Wire Mesh Grills & Installation Hardware

Includes Flush and Surface Tweeter Mounts

Frequency Response: 65-22,000 Hz

Sensitivity: 93dB @ 1w/1m SPL

System Impedance: 4 Ohm

Mounting Depth: 3“
Scratch that. These are not pro audio.

They are basic components. My bad, I saw Rockville and figured pro audio.

This is what I thought those where. These are pro audio.

https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/products/brand/mclaren-audio
most pro audio woofers have a folded or ribbed surround, but those tweeters definitely fit the form factor on the droppinhzcaraudio.com site. Bullet tweeters, compression drivers, horns etc etc

looks like the smaller drivers have the same style surround, but are waaaaaaaaaay too small for use in a PA rig

most pro audio woofers have a folded or ribbed surround, but those tweeters definitely fit the form factor on the droppinhzcaraudio.com site. Bullet tweeters, compression drivers, horns etc etc
looks like the smaller drivers have the same style surround, but are waaaaaaaaaay too small for use in a PA rig
You have to remember. A car isn't a stadium. They will run you out of the car.

You have to remember. A car isn't a stadium. They will run you out of the car.
Oh, im well aware of that!! LoL It always shocks me when people are able to stay in those cars with 4 10" glassed into the doors along with 4 6.5"s and 4 compression tweeters on the a pillar. Its like, "you got titanium eardrums man??"

Please somebody break the last few comments into easy to understand English! Its going over my head.I am a novice!!!
he was classifying the speakers you mentioned into the category of pro audio. Pro audio is the stuff you see at concerts in those 6 ft tall cabinets and are engineered in a very different way than 99% of car audio speakers. That being said, some speaker manufacturers for car audio use the same principal to make their car audio speakers despite them being vastly smaller. Pro Audio is used to bring questionable quality sound to thousands at once where mid to high end car audio is meant to be very accurate in tonality but doesnt reproduce audio at nearly the same decibel level

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.