Tubes vs enclosed subs

xander24

I have a 2004 chevy S-10 with extended cab and have been having a hard time finding a enclosure that would fit my truck and a sub that would fit a shallow box. I was then told about bazooka tube amps and that they would fit my truck. Are bazooka amps worth the price or should i try to find a box and sub that fits my truck?

Tubes are good for low power. The tube is a great idea, as it does allow a very low cost woofer to slam. Some years back I'd buy blown tubes, fill them with polyfill and a nice quality woofer(8" or 10") and sell them to boat folks. They were super loud and mostly waterproof.

But there is plenty of room in your rig for a good box. I got two Boston Pro 10's in my Toyota reg cab PU, and I could still put the seat back.

The tube isn't bad is not a bad design , its great for small space. The problem comes form most of them being loaded with sub par amps and drivers. if you search eBay you can find tube enclosures but since you only have 6" at the bottom you might not be-able to fit a tube back there. eather way for the price a of a powerd bazoka you could buy a nice driver and decent amp(audiopipe,MB,aq....) and build or even buy a prefab box and come in under cost and end up with a much better setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.