kicker 10WL7 problem!!

bebitte3o
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
montreal
hello i have a 1 kicker 10WL7 dual 4 in a sealed box,the box is 1 feet cube with the speaker in,i drive the sub with a kicker kx1200.1,this set up is on a boat and my problem is,the sub can't handle power i ran the amp at the 1/3,it's the maz i can run,my question the box is to big or small ported or not??

ten years old pionner 10 inch is stronger than my brand new kicker lolllll !!

thank's

ok,my sub is the problem,what is the best sub for my application (boat outside) with 1200.1,i don't have place for more than 10'',ported box for my L7 is not the solution??,how a 10'' pionner 125 watts rms can handle more power than a 600 rms sub?

N

No i don t use bass boost bass level on the amp is very low ,sub level on the radio at 0 and i can destroil the sub whith rock music loll

I'd like to help, but I can't understand your posts. 1 cu (especially net) is very small for those subs. Squares love big boxes whether sealed or ported. Don't let anyone on here tell you any different. Sometimes it isn't feasible, but the squares also do insanely better in a ported box than they do sealed. If that isn't an option, go large sealed (usually a cube larger than Kickers largest recommended sealed box). The L7 should take any clean 500-800w without ever breaking a sweat. Even in this large box application. Kickers don't like being shoved in small boxes and super over powered like some of the sub brands you'll hear about on this site.

as mentioned, the box is small. it is within spec, but i know you will not be getting much output at mid-small sealed. you can go for 2.0+port, and it will be night and day difference. you mention that it is on a boat. for open spaces, it is good to downfire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.