Tsunami 1800 clipping at low volume levels

Participant count
  • Participant list
Sounds like a loose ground,you should use at least 4 gauge,what exactly were you messing with when this happenned,I own 2 of those exact amps and have no problem as of yet,also that amp is 2 ohm stable(not one ohm stable) what ohm load is your amp hooked to?

Im running it at 2 ohms, i wasnt messing with any of the settings with the amp, just doing things like installing speakers in the cabin and wiring those etc. Im using 4 for power but something around 10 for ground, its definatly not loose though. But i was planning on rerunning my ground and it will be in a new spot probably 4 gauge now instead of the original 8 i had planned on so i will report back on that later.

You NEED to use the same gauge wire as your power aka 4 gauge,also the db1800 is power hungry and not as effecient as a class d,how many xtra batteries are you running??? How about a cap???? I believe in the manual it says something about using an extra battery etc..,please tell me you are not running it off a stock electrical system.

first off, u need a 4 gauge ground atleast. make sure its tight and clean of paint. second batteries only help if u plan on listening to the system when the cars off, or if ur electrical system can handle. if its stock, i doubt it.

check your rcas

wheres ur gain at on ur amp?

Battery does not help??? BS it sure and the hell does,I know the differences before I had the second battery,and after. I own 2 optimas(one in front and one in back) A battery is a better alternative then a cap,and now that I mention it I also have 2 six farad caps hooked up too on a stock electrical system,but of course they do not help(according to some people)But I do know for a fact they do help as I only have a 60 amp alternator and have had this same electrical setup for the lasy year or so.

Extra battery won't do much...considering it's the ALTERNATOR that has to recharge that battery...

I've ran my 1800 off of a stock electrical system...some dimming, nothing more...

I know the difference it made in my car,and in comps why do they use 5-10 or more batteries in their vehicle if it does nothing??? You would think they would not need them since they already have high output alternators,by the way I am running 2 1800`s with no dimming,since xtra caps and batteries do not help how can that be???

I know the difference it made in my car,and in comps why do they use 5-10 or more batteries in their vehicle if it does nothing??? You would think they would not need them since they already have high output alternators,by the way I am running 2 1800`s with no dimming,since xtra caps and batteries do not help how can that be???

Competition is nothing like daily use...batteries are used for short bursts...

And many competitions require the car to be off...which means, no alternator...

And, most of the cars in competitions have LARGE alternator(s).

Let me ask you this...what charges your battery?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.