whats wrong with my amp? weird.

xtcat8k

va
I recently purchased an alpine mrp-m350 from another user on this board. It was working fine for the first few days but as of last night, its been acting up and getting progressively worse. When I turn the car on, ill see the power light come on, but it only comes on for a second and flicker on and off..

I went to pull the fuses and happened to wiggle them a little and the amp started working again. But 5 minutes later, it stopped working again. I pulled the fuses on the amp and theyre still fine.

Any clue on what the hell is wrong? this *****.

ive checked all the other wires too.

trying using a new ground. if its not your battery or your ground it sounds to me like something wrong in the circuitry. if all else fails, bring it into a shop and have them test it for you.

Ill try a new ground. But its weird since everything was working fine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif any other ideas on why its messed up?

You might have a cold solder joint or a wire short were the fuse holder mounts to the board. I would take the cover off, hook the amp up and turn it on. Touch the fuse again like you did and see if you can see anything happening in that area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.