Trying to find a replacement amp!

jrmax
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
oklahoma
Alright here is the low down I bought a 1000watt amp crunch and it now actually says 500 and it is 4 channel how would you wire it to two dvc subs? Can it even be done? Now if you were me and had 2 dvc type R's and bought a piss poor amp and realized you needed a different which one would you go with for about 100-200$. I would like it to be very descent and maybe a descent brand so I no what it will do something with a birth certificate would be nice.

lol some amps say 1000 watts and use a 20 amp fuse. lol they figure heat it generates as power lolol the amps im thinkin were called gernades and as you can see its for more than one reason lol. we could buy them for 12 bucks and sellem for 20-50

alrighty here we go i ordered off ebay a crunch 1000 watt(advertised) amp and it came in and said 500 watt! I look at the site i ordered from and the picture is the same amp i recieved the p4125 and says 500 watt below that. but down at the bottom of the site it says 125x4 at 4ohms and 250x 4 at 2 ohms so does this mean it is 2 ohm stable? And if it is 2 ohm stable why did they not say 1000 watt on the amp and not 500? What will this rip off pile of crap even put out?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1333596353

that is the site not the original but the same info!

dont no what else to say guys!

prolly peak power.....as long as they don't specify rms or peak i think you will have trouble "saying" it's a rippoff...many amps are rated by peak power rating while producing a 1 k test tone which is pretty easy on the amp plus they dont tell you what power was going to the amp to achieve that rating........in a sense it is false but until regulations go into effect on company specs they can figure about anything is 1000 watts. like i said before i have seen amps use heat they produce to achieve its power rating......totally useless but able to say..its like saying a pyramid amp does a 1000 watts ..only way is if it gets hit with a lighting bolt and the amp doesnt survive..but for that instant it may have very well "done" (hehe) a thousand watts. 3 years ago i heard the government was going to regulate these specs in 2003 ..so far i haven't heard anything to truely say they will.

Here's the deal with your amp. Crunch is known to be over-rated, but also is commonly suggested as a decent budget amp.

the 1kw rating is a 2 ohm max

it's rms at 2 ohms is assumed to be 125

and at 4 ohms more like 75, then when you factor in a little over-rating it's probably more like 50-60 watts per channel

and about 150x2 (or so) bridged. In a nutshell you're going to be underpowering your type r's pretty badly. And dvc 4's only complicate matters with a 4 ch amp.

Your best option: jbl bp600.1 it's going for just a bit over $200 shipped on ebay.

You can wire your type r's for a 1 ohm load and give them 300 rms each.

Although I believe n2audio to be knowedgable in car audio I would not recommend wiring that amp to 1ohm....Its barly even 2 ohm stable....sure you'd get more watt out of it but for how long before it burnt out all the circuits.....(not long) You got riped off in another way also....i think I say that same amp on CMTtrading.com for less....haha besides for type-r's you need much more power than that crunch will give...heck I wouldn't even use it for my 2 12" kenwood tornados that are only 600w peak.....

just my opinion (duh!)

Adam

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.