Trying to figure out how to hook up new h/u to my factory bose. Got all the specs

scheibler

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Alright I drive a 1991 Acura Legend LS with a broken h/u. It is equipped with a bose headunit, 80x4W Peak Power Bose Amp(made by kicker) behind the rear seat, 6.75 front speakers, and 6x9 rear speakers. The speakers function at a 2 ohm load per channel.

This is the H/U I plan on buying...not sure how many ohms per channel it puts out though http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22096_Eclipse+CD1200G+w-+IPC-009+iPod+Cable.html

Not sure what would sound better? Running my factory speakers off of the aftermarket h/u or using a LLC (Line Level Converter) in between the h/u and bose amp. What would I connect my stock amp to the h/u with?

Thanks in advance! Any help is greatly appreciated. Driving around with no music is killing me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

subzero

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Chandler, AZ
If you can find a harness adaptor for the car then you can run thru the factory amp. Otherwise I would get rid of all the factor stuff and replace with new amps and speakers. If your budget is tight, Start looking for the harness.

loudassbug

10+ year member
You are going to need an adapter,check out PAC's web site.They make them and have all the info you need to change headunits and keep the rest of your Bose stuff.

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register now to post new messages.

Already have an account? Log in here.

About this thread

Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
loudassbug

Latest threads