Tapping into radio harness

Participant count
  • Participant list

dken

I want to power a cd tuner, an Audio Control ESP-3 and an Audio Control Four.1with the battery wire of my vehicles radio harness. I have installation room behind the dash under the radio for the ESP-3. This will delete a front to back rca cable.The two audio control units draw 500ma and 280ma respectively. Is this a safe power connection? Thanks for your help!

oh yea. its good. easy to find too. the 12v and gnd wires are the larger guage wires in the harness also. i think the black with a green stripe is gnd and the one above it is 12v. simple car to do. you shouldnt have an issue.

The 12 volt constant is Light Green/Violet,

The ground is Black.

You will need a remote wire,unless you use the 12 volt switched wire (Light Green/Yellow).

This will turn on your AudioControl components wnen your radio is turned on.

Unless you have an after market headunit,Then your wires are:Yellow-12 volts constant,Red-12 volts switched,ground-Black,remote turn on-Blue/White.Hope this helps.

If you need speaker wire colors they are:Front-

LF+;Orange/Light Green

LF-;Light Blue/White

RF+;White/Light Green

RF-;Dark Green Orange

Rear-

RL+;Grey/Light Blue

RL-;Tan/Yellow

RR+;Orange/Red

RR-;Brown/Pink

Illumination;Light Blue/Red

Hope this helps,I noticed you want to change headunits too.You can avoid hardwiring,or tapping into the factory harness by getting the Metra or Schosche harness for your F-150.You can use the remote turn on from the new headunit(Blue/White),don't use the solid Blue (power antenna wire)or your components will only work while the radio is playing.They will lose power when you play a C.D.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you need speaker wire colors they are:Front-LF+;Orange/Light Green

LF-;Light Blue/White

RF+;White/Light Green

RF-;Dark Green Orange

Rear-

RL+;Grey/Light Blue

RL-;Tan/Yellow

RR+;Orange/Red

RR-;Brown/Pink

Illumination;Light Blue/Red

Hope this helps,I noticed you want to change headunits too.You can avoid hardwiring,or tapping into the factory harness by getting the Metra or Schosche harness for your F-150.You can use the remote turn on from the new headunit(Blue/White),don't use the solid Blue (power antenna wire)or your components will only work while the radio is playing.They will lose power when you play a C.D.
hey, im moving to md in 2 weeks. do you work for a local shop in easton?

Yes I was aninstaller at Sight & Sounds, but they ended up closing.There is a new shop that just opened called The Auto Wizzards.They have a web site by the same name.I talked to them about installing.But they aren't getting enough business right now.If it doesn't pick up he may close too.There are some other good shpos close,Bullfeathers in Delmer,DE.,Sound EFX in Rehobeth Beach DE.,Sounds Of Tri-State in Dover DE. to name a few.All are aboput 45 minutes to an hour drive away,but worth it.I have dealt with both Bullfeathers and Sound EFX through sound competitions held at ours and their shops.They are both good places.I mostly do installs for friends and friends of friends now,build some custom enclosures,and a little fiberglass work now and then.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dken

dken
Atlanta
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
loudassbug