trunk rattle, help!

hey whats up guys, im pretty new to this forum but anyways. i have 2 memphis 10 inch m class carbon fiber subs in my trunk. and they beat! my trunk rattles violently and im not quite sure how to fix that, and recommendations would be great! thanks
http://www.secondskinaudio.com/ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There's more to the equation than that. Aside from the trunk roof itself rattling, you may have to screw with the latch so it closes tighter. All the deadener in the world won't stop the rattle if the problem is that the thing isn't shut tight.

There's more to the equation than that. Aside from the trunk roof itself rattling, you may have to screw with the latch so it closes tighter. All the deadener in the world won't stop the rattle if the problem is that the thing isn't shut tight.
if the trunk is shut tighter should that get rid of all the rattling? or will i still have to get some deadener

if the trunk is shut tighter should that get rid of all the rattling? or will i still have to get some deadener
You'll want to do both. The latch deal will make sure that the entire trunk isn't shaking around, but you'll still want to put some deadener around to keep the metal from flexing.

Think of it like this: if ****'s moving, it means the sound waves are getting absorbed into it instead of making it to your ears.

You'll want to do both. The latch deal will make sure that the entire trunk isn't shaking around, but you'll still want to put some deadener around to keep the metal from flexing.
Think of it like this: if ****'s moving, it means the sound waves are getting absorbed into it instead of making it to your ears.
yeah haha, how do i tighten the trunk though? and should i get dynamat or something else. i have an old classic car and the inside of the trunk lid is just bare metal

yeah haha, how do i tighten the trunk though? and should i get dynamat or something else. i have an old classic car and the inside of the trunk lid is just bare metal
**** man I'd have to look at it in person to say definitively, but what we did with my hatch was toy with the latch on the lid itself, like the part in the middle that actually hooks in to close the thing. Moved it upward about a half inch. Made it harder to shut the thing but it closed tight and the rattle went away (remember it was a hatch so no metal to dynamat).

That's just a possibility though. Dynamat is always a good idea, do that first. Then if there's still rattle, look into tightening the latch. You don't wanna go take a screwdriver to your trunk latch for no reason.

**** man I'd have to look at it in person to say definitively, but what we did with my hatch was toy with the latch on the lid itself, like the part in the middle that actually hooks in to close the thing. Moved it upward about a half inch. Made it harder to shut the thing but it closed tight and the rattle went away (remember it was a hatch so no metal to dynamat).
That's just a possibility though. Dynamat is always a good idea, do that first. Then if there's still rattle, look into tightening the latch. You don't wanna go take a screwdriver to your trunk latch for no reason.
alright, ill give it a try. thanks man i appreciate the help

I'm always happy to give that little tidbit of advice because I think it's the ONLY thing I know that's uncommon knowledge. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.