Trunk opening just a little too tight..

-BenBen-
10+ year member

Team L.oud A.s F.u**
SO I have a pontiac G6, and also 2 xfl 12s. box needed is 4.5 cu, and my trunk opening is 2-3 inches too thin to get the box in. what options do i have left? I wanted to run subs forward, aero port in trunk on driver side.. so can i do a 2 part box and assemble in trunk and if so how is it done? i also have been told do subs up, port side, but was told i would have a really inefficent box if i did it that way. last option may be build in trunk? but then i cant take the dang thing back out. any help is greatly appreciated

we dont have much trunk space in our g6's lol thats why i picked dc subs cause they like smaller ported boxes. maybe change the orientation of those subs with how they are facing if your dead set on running those. subs up port side or back ?

Generically sub up, port back, build it in the trunk.

Some people are apparently getting loud now sub and port forward without sealing from the trunk though, might have best results that way.

Or, try to put it in through the back seat, pain in the *** most of the time though.

Generically sub up, port back, build it in the trunk.
Some people are apparently getting loud now sub and port forward without sealing from the trunk though, might have best results that way.

Or, try to put it in through the back seat, pain in the *** most of the time though.
we cant put in through back seat the rear deck has a low spot like 13inches . would have to have a super short both height wise . i pmed him my measurements off my box awhole back but mine is only 3cuft net

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.