Trunk Boxes - Classic Car

Participant count
  • Participants list

mjasinsk

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a numbers matching 1968 Convertible Camaro. I want to do as little modification as possible. It currently has just the factory 4 x 8 speaker in the front dash (lame) and an AM/FM converted head unit.

I am wondering if you can do 1 box in the trunk with the SUB, and the mids facing the back seat.

I have ordered re-popped kick panels that I don't have an issue modifying for front speakers.
I just wanted to modify as little as possible while adding some amazing sound.

Has anyone been successful with a box with a SUB on one side coupled with a box for Mids on the front side?

I have a numbers matching 1968 Convertible Camaro. I want to do as little modification as possible. It currently has just the factory 4 x 8 speaker in the front dash (lame) and an AM/FM converted head unit.

I am wondering if you can do 1 box in the trunk with the SUB, and the mids facing the back seat.

I have ordered re-popped kick panels that I don't have an issue modifying for front speakers.
I just wanted to modify as little as possible while adding some amazing sound.

Has anyone been successful with a box with a SUB on one side coupled with a box for Mids on the front side?

Something that looks like this... and please if this is a dumb idea feel free to tell me so.

Attachments

• 1609175052243.png
    1609175052243.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 164
If you have some spare kickpanels that you can modify that would be infinitely superior to trying to run mids and highs in the rear. You should not need much by way of sub-stage to keep up in such a small car (assuming it isn't a convertible) so figure out precisely how much airspace/volume you wish to sacrifice for a sub, what diameter components you can get in the kicks, and how much power you'll have on tap and I'm sure you can get some good suggestions for something that'll work well for you there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.