Trunk Battery

im going to want to run around the same wattage as you now, maybe a tad more, but it all comes in time, thats why im wanting to do one step at a time, and starting with one battery in the trunk is where im at right now.so im going to need to purchase 2 batteries your saying, how did you determine you need 2? and why did you go with 27s instead of like 31s?, and will my red top power 2 of any of these just fine?

when i do this like i said ill have to leave my stock power wires on the side terminals, and run 0 awgs to the top terminals correct?

how many ft of 0 guage do you think ill need for 3 runs of pos+neg?

thanks bro!
i have over 100ft in my car ..2 g31 s should be fine and ur red top isnt powering the other 2 its wired in paralell they are all working together.id get a g31 now then add another when u bump up the rms

How bad is voltage dropping? Lights dimming doesn't always mean voltage is dropping at the amp.
You are not pulling 275amps with that amp, so your alt should be able to keep up. I'd look into get the alt checked out. 3-4 runs of 1/0 is silly for the power you have...
true..but if hes planning on a 5k substage he might as well be prepared with the runs...and yes he should be no where near pulking 275a right now

How bad is voltage dropping? Lights dimming doesn't always mean voltage is dropping at the amp.
You are not pulling 275amps with that amp, so your alt should be able to keep up. I'd look into get the alt checked out. 3-4 runs of 1/0 is silly for the power you have...
i will be upgrading like i stated, but my voltage is fine, its not dropping much since the upgrade.

mike and I recomend 1-/1+ 1/0 ofc per 100a of alt power. I'd add at least another 2 runs of 1/0. 4 more would be ideal, but with your power shouldn't be necissary. A battery would make distribution a bit easier.
Maybe add a small battery in the back? Someone from canada would certainly be a better help there, due to the import complications.

Mike must have not used a stock type regulator on that alt. Since it was a stock plug i assumed it was.
^^^^THis...

I have for every positive run front to back, i run a negative run to match

what is ur voltage dropping to at full tilt? lighting is very sensitive and i experienced slight dimming from as little as .2v drop

^^this also... lol

i have a 220 dc power alt and 4 runs of wire, 3 deka 105ah, and i still dimmed (just a tad) at full tilt

Stopped at a light it was dropping into the 13s
yea, at idle you alt is only going to put out "so much juice". my alt at idle only does 150-170 amps but at 2krpms it does about 248amp(rated 220, thats a DC alt for you lol)... but anyway i would drop between 14.4v to 13.4 - 13.7 at full tilt while idle, & at full tilt from 14.4v down to 13.9 - 14.1 @ 2krpms.

yea, at idle you alt is only going to put out "so much juice". my alt at idle only does 150-170 amps but at 2krpms it does about 248amp(rated 220, thats a DC alt for you lol)... but anyway i would drop between 14.4v to 13.4 - 13.7 at full tilt while idle, & at full tilt from 14.4v down to 13.9 - 14.1 @ 2krpms.
Ok so everything is normal there. How many runs should I do 3? I'm thinking I should deaden the floors if I'm going to do this. What's it cost to deaden a whole car lol. And nasty can I get reply on that batt question

Ok so everything is normal there. How many runs should I do 3? I'm thinking I should deaden the floors if I'm going to do this. What's it cost to deaden a whole car lol. And nasty can I get reply on that batt question
i did reply ..and it cost quite a bit to deaden a whole car

lol i have no deadner in my blazer at this time lmao also dont have a sub and yet but working on getting back into the game. i still have my alt and stuff tho. but any way, i would do 2 runs of each(2 pos front to back, and 2 neg front to back), and 2 goo batts in the trunk, and the best batt you can get under you hood

Well u must have quite some rattle. What do u have. Deadeneded and what battery to choose. How to determine how many.
read my post at the top of this page ....i have everything deadened except my floor and roof ...doors rear deck top and bottom trunk rear quarters ..also have expanding foam in trunk lid and bumper

read my post at the top of this page ....i have everything deadened except my floor and roof ...doors rear deck top and bottom trunk rear quarters ..also have expanding foam in trunk lid and bumper
sorry page was glitched.

so you ran your power wires under the carpet. WhY didn't u deaden that just curious. And how much did u spend on deadener lol. Also what are u running for a system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.