Replacing speakers in '87 Nissan Maxima

vaultroamer92

WV
I'm replacing the rear deck speakers in my Maxima because they are the stock speakers and are completely shot. I have never replaced speakers as this is my first car and I'm looking for some help on what to purchase. The speaker enclosure for the rear speakers have "SP-7 2way speaker system,

90db 20w 125Woofer 50Tweeter" listed on them. There are 2 separate speakers in each enclosure, a 4 inch speaker with 4ohm 8W and then Peak 20W, and a smaller 2 inch speaker with 8 ohm 5W listed on it. The smaller speaker is hooked up to the larger one and the brand is Clarion. I'm pretty sure I can replace the 4 inch with any other 4 inch speaker as long as the Ohms are the same and the peak wattage is the same or higher. I have no clue what the smaller speaker is, if it's just another speaker or a small subwoofer or what? Any help would be appreciated!

I have a 1987 Maxima wagon and has the same question. Did you ever find out that information that you were seeking because I'm looking to figure out that second small speaker as well. Thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...