Troubleshooting tweeters and crossover

Participant count
  • Participant list

Snake Driver

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hawaii
Not exactly sure if this is in the correct place, but this is a troubleshooting help request. Recently my left door tweeter started cutting in and out. It's not a constant on/off, just sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't know if it's the tweeter or the x-over though. Are there any good steps to determine the bad part? My guess is that it isn't the radio and it isn't the amp, because I always get sound from the mid-range.

I am waiting on a new Pioneer HU that I will likely hook up in network mode to run separate amp channels to the tweets and woofers. But I'd like to figure out ahead of time if I need new tweeters so I minimize how many times I have to take off the door panel. I have a multimeter if that helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.