Troubleshooting troubles

Participant count
  • Participant list

WilliamsWagon

Hey! I just got finished setting up amp rack and My new woofer box. When i got it all hooked up, a new ******* problem appears... My head unit would not power up. So i started troubleshooting. After changing all fuses (none were accualy blown) , i Tried to connect the red wire to the yellow. Turns out if i run the red to both red and yellow, the unit powers up and works fine, BUT this means i have to remove the unit and unplug red from yellow to turn it off. Inother words, the power does not shut off as the ignition shuts off. My ignition wire has become a 12v source... I Tried with red to red and hook the positive from the battery directly to the yellow wire no head unit, BUT it did not power up. I could just run red to red and red to yellow with a switch though, but i really want this to work correctly and as it is supposed to do... Ride is a 93 golf 3 and a BOSS head unit. Help is Much appreciated.

Good example as to why the forum sucks these days, three posts and not one of you posted anything remotely helpful to the OP.

OP, do you have a multimeter? Check the voltage on the factory wiring side, you may not be using the correct wires. One should have 12V all the time and the other should only have 12V when the ignition system is on. Check here for your vehicle wiring diagram: 1993 Volkswagen Golf III Stereo Wiring Information

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.