Troubleshooting Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Deez54

I've been trying to troubleshoot what is wrong with my system and so far I have failed. The system worked for long time and then all of a sudden stopped. The amp still has power, just nothing out of the the two 10" subs. All wires are hooked up, not clipped anywhere, so it's not cut cables. I even wasted $50 sending the amp in to get checked and it was returned with zero issues. I've tried replacing the RCA cable and everything to no avail. I've basically come down to the conclusion that my head unit isn't outputting good signal anymore. There actually is a signal to the subs, it is just extremely weak. When I unplug the stereo wires from the subs it goes completely dead vs very very minimal movement (just enough to tell there is something there). I'm not sure what else I can try at this point. Anyone have any ideas before I waste money on a new head unit just to find out that's not the case either?

Just FYI, it's a Q1200 Soundqubed amp, and two 10" Sundown Audio subs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.