Tried Everything but still have severe voltage drop and dimming

I just checked and those amps total up to a 100 amps of fusing plus with running the car the alt could be running out of steam I would say a bigger alt should fix your problem.

He has replaced the batt he has 0 gauge and he has a newer alt I believe 136 amps and he has done the big 3 I'm guessing dctc is correct in that he is clipping the amps which is causing an excessive amount of current draw. However I do feel that anything over 1000 watts calls for an upgraded alt in a daily driver not a must but definitely a worth while upgrade though.

Thanks for the replies .. Can you tell me how to test with my Digital Multi Meter ?

Also, what do you mean rethink my sub stage ? A better sub ?

I can only hookup my sub as 8 ohm or 2 ohm .. (changed by fuse)

Thanks,

Anyone suggesting you buy something new is out of their mind. You've already spent too much money on this issue. There is something wrong somewhere. With those average sized amps and that entirely adequate alternator and battery, there's something wrong.

First being, your gains are set wrong.

Other than that, I can't think of something else. But don't get an HO alt, you're not running nearly enough power for that.

Also, sell your capacitor. It's useless. Here's why: :: NANOPULSER.COM.SG ::

Your sub is wired to 2 ohms, and your amp makes power at 2 ohms. You've got an average 4 channel amp. 0 gauge. wiring. 0 gauge grounds. New 136a alt.

I have 1600w on my 70a alt and OEM battery and I have zero dimming. So, there's something wrong on your end.

Make sure your gains are set properly with a DMM on both of your amplifiers.

He has replaced the batt he has 0 gauge and he has a newer alt I believe 136 amps and he has done the big 3 I'm guessing dctc is correct in that he is clipping the amps which is causing an excessive amount of current draw. However I do feel that anything over 1000 watts calls for an upgraded alt in a daily driver not a must but definitely a worth while upgrade though.
I run my BRZ2100 with a stock alternator, yellowtop optima, no big 3 and I have no dimming lol

He has replaced the batt he has 0 gauge and he has a newer alt I believe 136 amps and he has done the big 3 I'm guessing dctc is correct in that he is clipping the amps which is causing an excessive amount of current draw. However I do feel that anything over 1000 watts calls for an upgraded alt in a daily driver not a MUST but definitely a worth while upgrade though.
Read again

Do you have to no will it still work ok without 1 yes but as stated I feel it is a worthwhile upgrade for larger systems it does take power to make power doesn't it ?

I have an 08 Ram 1500 quad cab. Was experiencing dimming with factory system whenever I would turn my A/C on.

Cleaned and re-torqed all connections (battery, chassis, engine, alt) and the whole problem went away afterwards...

With that amount of power you shouldn't be dropping under 13 volts. Might be a bad ground somewhere if anything else get a HO alt, if it's not that you can just sell it again on here and make most your money back.
Kills rabbits with a .458 Winchester Magnum....

Do a big three and see what happens. Check your sub wiring also.
Did you read the OP...?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.