Installing new speaker wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

Warpshift
10+ year member

So, I'm new to CarAudio.com, but not new to maintaining and fixing vehicles on my own.

I'm curious as to what type of speaker wire I should use. I have a 1999 Nissan Frontier King Cab and I bought it sans stereo. After prying open the doors I also discovered there were no speakers either. I don't want to spend a ton of money on wiring, but I also don't want crap.

My ending goal in case anyone was wondering is to run a small system. I'm thinking a set of components for my doors (been leaning towards the JBL GTO series, Orion, or Cadence), a small 10" sub (custom mounted where one of the jump seats is currently located), and a Double Din head unit. Possibly a 4-channel amp????

Any suggestions on what brand/gauge wire would be helpful. Also some input on speaker and amp choices would be great as well.

I'm looking to spend no more than $1000. I would love to do more, but school costs ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
$1000

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

A budget would certainly help to give recommendations.
$1000

Granted I would like to keep it under that.

monoprice.com
least expensive wire for every use. Gauge depends on power. 14g would be fine for a small stereo
Ideally the system would have I think 800w if not a little more. However I really like watching movies and have thought about what would sound good for a mini-mobile theater...playing DVDs. Also having the ability to plug my phone in to watch ripped blu-rays would be great too.

Ideally the system would have I think 800w if not a little more. However I really like watching movies and have thought about what would sound good for a mini-mobile theater...playing DVDs. Also having the ability to plug my phone in to watch ripped blu-rays would be great too.
for this the dvd unit will be 400-500 new ,amp wise can be 150 -320 new components will be at least 150 and amp kit 4 gauge 80 ,i can do a set up like this for 1100 new with warranty ,but you'll need a box ,build one $50 then

for this the dvd unit will be 400-500 new ,amp wise can be 150 -320 new components will be at least 150 and amp kit 4 gauge 80 ,i can do a set up like this for 1100 new with warranty ,but you'll need a box ,build one $50 then
I don't want to take up a bunch of room behind me. I know it's a king cab, but I don't like the idea of having a box taking up room that I could be using to store my tools/backpack/etc. That's why I had thought about using a custom made box that utilizes the space where the jump seat is.

you can just sit the box on the jump seat .if you want to build it to fit in the jump seat area then it may be a little pricey.do you have pica on the jumpseat area ,with the seat up and down please .

you can just sit the box on the jump seat .if you want to build it to fit in the jump seat area then it may be a little pricey.do you have pica on the jumpseat area ,with the seat up and down please .
Sure let me run outside and take some pics..brb

Looks like you are in good hands //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.