Traded a guy and now he wants to trade back...wwyd?

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
So over the weekend I traded my FU 1500ti 12” d2 to a guy off fab marketplace for a well used sundown x10v2 dual 4 I know it was well used because it was my brothers for a while and it’s been in 2 others hands since he sold it but I wanted a 10.
The guys main concern was wanting a dual 2 sub to get the most out of his wolfram c2400 at 1 ohm
I bought they fu under all impressions it’s a dual 2 from @8 Inch Vince I thought I had dmm’d but it was a long time ago
I did tell the guy that if for whatever reason it’s not a dual 2 I would trade him back BUT that was before seeing him turn the gain all the way up on his amp free airing the fu to see what it had.
He messaged me today saying he’s not happy with it and also that it’s a dual 4
I told him send a pic with a dmm on the terminals shows it’s a 4 ohm
My main concern is since he obviously thinks the gain is a volume knob he’s now been clipping the **** out of the fu and I’m supposed to trade him back!?
Would you?
Edit: he just messaged me back saying he didn’t dmm the sub but it has to be a d4 because he has a 2400 watt amp and it’s not loud

Last edited:
This is the box he says he built per the specs I gave him but advised a 8” port... not 2 small pvc ports

Attachments

• E7B5724E-FE05-4AE7-BB81-B2821172C3BE.png
    E7B5724E-FE05-4AE7-BB81-B2821172C3BE.png
    893.4 KB · Views: 178
Sounds like you need to take the sub and have it tested to see if it's still good, or, damaged. If he's a good friend, then, the sub isn't worth losing the friendship. If that is the case, bite the bullet and trade him back.

Sounds like you need to take the sub and have it tested to see if it's still good, or, damaged. If he's a good friend, then, the sub isn't worth losing the friendship. If that is the case, bite the bullet and trade him back.
I don’t know the dude at all other then meeting up with him to trade off marketplace

This is more of a personal question than one random internet strangers can help with. You need to weigh the risks on going back on your word. You never should've done that IMHO. I would trade back as you set that expectation and in the future never provide someone a guarantee on used electronic equipment they can abuse the moment they receive it. It'd be like promising someone you'll give them their money back if they buy a car from you off craigslist (which for the record is never a good idea). Any personal sale I do is "As-Is" final. I don't know what that person is going to do with it the minute they get it.

This is more of a personal question than one random internet strangers can help with. You need to weigh the risks on going back on your word. You never should've done that IMHO. I would trade back as you set that expectation and in the future never provide someone a guarantee on used electronic equipment they can abuse the moment they receive it. It'd be like promising someone you'll give them their money back if they buy a car from you off craigslist (which for the record is never a good idea). Any personal sale I do is "As-Is" final. I don't know what that person is going to do with it the minute they get it.
The trade back was solely if I was wrong in saying it was a dual 2 which at the moment he has failed to show it’s not a dual 2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
MattinMO
St.louis, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from