Toyota 4Runner help!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

SQ-CTS

Ohio
Does anyone have experience with a 2005 Toyota 4Runner install? Buddy of mine in Florida is having issues with his and asked me to try and find some info. It's a stock 2005 4Runner limited with JBL Synthesis. He upgraded the head unit to a JVC but left everything else stock. Used Crux interface. Worked fine for a couple weeks. Then just quit working. No sound at all. Sent Crux interface back and got a new one. Again, worked fine for a few weeks. Now, it intermittently cuts out on all right side channels. He's checked the wires and everything, all is good. Ironically, this time the radio is stuck on a weird Christian channel, regardless of what is displayed on the head unit. I know that some vehicles do not necessarily tune to stations through the actual head unit, but rather use the head unit as a "control" to whatever actually does the tuning. Is this the case with the 4Runner? Is that maybe why it's stuck on one particular station? And the "cutting out," it seems to me that may be an issue with the interface. Is this a known problem with Crux interfaces or Toyota vehicles? Is there a better fix or more reliable option? I've heard a lot of good things about PAC, might that be a better choice? Crux tech support can't offer any help and neither can Toyota or 4Runner forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.