Help on JVC-kd-avx77

Participant count
  • Participant list

splitfizzle

CO
ok, I think this is going to be a complex problem so bare with me. I have a 97 jeep grand with the infinity system. Ive had a JVC radio aftermarket in it for 5 years. i wanted to upgrade to something better and found the jvc-kd-avx77 to be exactly what i wanted. I've hooked it up and everything works fine 1 problem. no audio through the CD or Blue tooth. the tuner plays and works great but when i use the cd player or the blue tooth all i get is the bass. its a very wierd problem. Since i got the unit off ebay i cant return it to a store and i would have to have it shipped to JVC to diagnose if its an internal issue. I was wondering if you guys would have any advise to where i might have to do that. Thanks

Maybe you have the remote wire and the power antenna wire swapped. One is blue, one is blue with a white stripe. With the radio on, the antenna is up. How are your remote wires ran?

EDIT: This is assuming you have an amp for the speakers and one for the sub.

the wires are hooked correctly. the only difference ive done is this was my first attempt to hook the by pass to the dvd so i can view dvds without the parking break. im going to take that off and see if thats whats causing the issue. i just find it wierd that the audio for the tuner is working but not the blue tooth or the dvd player its self. just seems odd.

the wires are hooked correctly. the only difference ive done is this was my first attempt to hook the by pass to the dvd so i can view dvds without the parking break. im going to take that off and see if thats whats causing the issue. i just find it wierd that the audio for the tuner is working but not the blue tooth or the dvd player its self. just seems odd.
Sounds like a bad unit. Sending back to the seller is not an option? There are ways to get it right - paypal and ebay buyer protection. Do check the settings, a lot of units have level control for each individual source. What amp is this all hooked up to?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.