Totaly confused about JBL 80.4 settings

Participant count
  • Participant list

djpheer
10+ year member

Well being a complete newb at this...... i have bought a 80.4 amp from jbl for my highs in my car to go along with my JL 250/1 & JL 12 inch w6 combo. The question is for all the settings on the back of the JBL 80.4........ i duno what to sett anything too.... it has 2 switches called x-over that have settings of flat, hp, lp and under input mode has 2 switches that have option of ST, MD. It also has 4 knobs, 1 under each xover that have 4v, 250mv on end of the knobs, and one under each input mode switch that have 32hz-320hz on each end of the knob...... what are optimal settings for me? Right now im just powering 2 infinity 6x9's and 2 6.5's that are in the car stock. Please let me know what all these switches should be at...... i dont want all highs/bass like i hear in most peoples systems..... i would like my 6x9's to still put out a little bit of high end bass/midrange...... Please help, thanks.

RTFM //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif j/k seriously, all those knobs are described in the manual

try these settings for starters

actually...... they arent described in the manual i got with the amp even remotely....... thats why i ask =\ can anyone else offer help/opinions please?

hehe... well ill just set my stuff to what ur pic says.... so thanks. Just outa curiosity though, wherd you find that picture and is there anywhere that can actualy describe to me what each knob does.... cause its actualy not in my manual =\ Thanks again.

dam man..... ok to complicate matters...... i went to go set those settings only to find out the knobs are able to turn either direction about 2-3 times over past the ends so should i turn them all the way to the right or all the way to the left before i start...... and which one is the "front" of the dial.....the top or the bottom when they are turned all the way to the right as in..... all leaning up towards the right when they are turned to the right as far as they can go. if i have to start with them turned all the way to the left....... then the lines all lean up toward the left...... is the top end of the line the "front" or the back..... sorry for all this confusion i just need to know...... poor desighn by jbl if u ask me =\

-- As of right now i turnd all of the knobs all the way to the left first and started right with each one untill it ended up getting to the point each one was in the picture..... is this correct?

turn both level knobs about half way and both x-over knobs all the way up, turn on your radio and turn down the fron/rear x-over knob until you get good voices with out the speakers bumping too hard.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.