Total amperage pulled...?

Participant count
  • Participant list
To be on the safe side, I would go with a 200-250 amperage alt. Leaving a little bit left over for your cars electrical system while still maintaining your audio electrical. Big 3, if it hasn't been done already, using good quality welding cable 1/0 is the norm.
for a 1200w mono and a <100w x4 mids amp? Yeah no

Well I was... was going to swap some **** and redo some things on this day of no forecast rain... then it started raining and hasn't stopped. So I brought the laptop in the car, shut the doors and took new measurement distances to the speakers. I set the Tweeters to 4.5Khz 12db butterworth, Mids band-passed to 100hz and 4.5Khz 12db butterworth, and the sub to 100hz butterworth. Inside the DSP I set all EQ's to flat. Tweets are -10db in the DSP, mids are -5db and the sub is -15db. Time Alignment is via the DSP. EQ is handled via the head unit. This is all until I can get a dry day off. The tweeters are still too bright even with the EQ on the head unit bringing the highs almost all the way out and they sound like they are distorted slightly... like hissing crackling kinda sound under the music. My brother noticed it right away when he got in the car.

If it is not raining tomorrow, the Massive Audio CT1a tweeters are going in the stock door locations. Maybe then I can have some highs without hiss that I don't have to turn down. I want to hear that damn ride bell loud and clear!!!!!

No what? You do realize that the HO don't put out they're said amperage at idle, right?

Look at it this way, rather have a HO alt than a stock one anyway.
I know because I've clamped nearly 50 alternators at this point. Average draw is going to be <100a at absolute MOST. More than likely it'll be 70a

IMG-20160210-184554400.jpg

Picked up some of that Dragon's Milk over the weekend. I will get more the next time I see it ;)

It is strong for a beer lol.
It's a sipper for sure. 4 pks are like $15. I've been trying a lot of imperials lately. Boulevard is making several.

Was at Yard House on Sat. Had a Cherry Chocolate Nitro Quad from Petrus Brewery. THAT was freaking tasty. Problem is, don't know where to find it besides Yard House.

It's a sipper for sure. 4 pks are like $15. I've been trying a lot of imperials lately. Boulevard is making several.

Was at Yard House on Sat. Had a Cherry Chocolate Nitro Quad from Petrus Brewery. THAT was freaking tasty. Problem is, don't know where to find it besides Yard House.
I feel ya. A lot of the beer I delivered in Ohio I can't find down here in Ga.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.