torn between front/rear setup, need help

well i cant seem to find any of them for sale anywhere //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
OCS might have limited stock. Be quick about ordering though.

Have you even tried to see if your 6.5's will fit in the rear 6x9 openings? Might just drop right in.

If you liked 4 speakers before, then run it again. I like the sound of loud rear fill, apparently you do also.

Personally I don't let others tell me what "my" ears like....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Have you even tried to see if your 6.5's will fit in the rear 6x9 openings? Might just drop right in.
If you liked 4 speakers before, then run it again. I like the sound of loud rear fill, apparently you do also.

Personally I don't let others tell me what "my" ears like....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
well they didnt fit in my blazers 6x9 openings so i just assumed they wouldnt fit in my accords either

well i was kinda hopin for somethin thatll take 200w cause i wont have an real rear sound
I doubt there's going to be an audible difference with the 720's at 150wrms vs 200wrms due to their efficiency. If the signal is clean, you should be able to send them 200w rms without a problem (after they break in).

DejaWiz,
excellent recommendations. i like the rainbows and pioneers. what would you say are better overall? PRS or the rainbows? and whats the dif between the 2 rainbows?

jluv,

you think those comps will handle 200-250watts each run as a passive setup?

I think so, yes. I know for a fact the mids will do fine. You can back the tweeter presence down using the crossover network, which may be smart if you are really sending them that much power. I used mine passive for a while on 150x2 (roughly 75 to the tweets since they are 8 ohm) and they did fine. If needed, set your gains conservatively. Those Bostons will get as loud as you would need them even at 150x2, I'll bet.

I doubt there's going to be an audible difference with the 720's at 150wrms vs 200wrms due to their efficiency. If the signal is clean, you should be able to send them 200w rms without a problem (after they break in).
well off a 500.4, sending a clean signal shouldnt be a problem if were talking about 200w/ch. especially since the 500.4 is underrated

you can get adapters for like $10 to drop your 6.5's in the rear. If that's what you like that's what I'd do.
i bought "6x9 to 6.5" adapters for my blazer, but they werent even close to working. hole was way to small. got them from crutchfield. how u gonna go up in size anyways?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.