Top Brands for SPEAKER WIRE

I've used everything from crappy raptor wire to some good Knu stuff. Both performed the same but the knu was easier to work with because it peeled much easier and the jacket was consistent (cheap wire doesn't have a very good jacket sometimes, it will be thicker and thinner in some places, more prone to splitting)

I've used everything from crappy raptor wire to some good Knu stuff. Both performed the same but the knu was easier to work with because it peeled much easier and the jacket was consistent (cheap wire doesn't have a very good jacket sometimes, it will be thicker and thinner in some places, more prone to splitting)
I will give you that. However, with newer wire it is not always the case. Well unless you want to spend nothing what so ever on your wire..then you may find that to be an issue. lol

BTW I did text you a few times the other day like you asked...no response ****.... Did you give me the cold shoulder... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif haha

The only difference at any given time you would actually hear would be do to something else being altered. Other then that you never hear a difference. Home audio has had similar tests and the those results would shock just about everyone...just wish I had that info on this PC so I could like everyone.... I'm to lazy to google them haha.
The "break in" of wire is a never ending debate, which I have read several reports which go each way on the topic. No one ever agrees though lol.
I was messing. I won't argue that build quality and ease of work might be worth paying a slight premium over bargain wire, but everything else is just silly.

What makes this a better deal than the Cadence I listed in the first post? He said best bang for his buck. It amazes me how an opinion is wrong.
The Cadence is probably actually a gauge smaller than what you pay for.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Explain to me why its not.
Monster is the Bose of wiring. If you want to pay for marketing and snake oil, go for it.

I was messing. I won't argue that build quality and ease of work might be worth paying a slight premium over bargain wire, but everything else is just silly.
I was wondering...because over in HT forums guys go all crazy about "breaking in" wire. I still don't get it really.

I can see spending more money on power/ground wires that are easier to work with, but your speaker wire is meh at best.

As for Cadence being smaller, it may be smaller then other companies who sell 12 or 13 gauge as 14 gauge. It is on par with other companies and large then some as well. We use the 14 gauge with no issues what so ever. We even use it in our enclosures with zero negative feedback on them.

I will give you that. However, with newer wire it is not always the case. Well unless you want to spend nothing what so ever on your wire..then you may find that to be an issue. lol
BTW I did text you a few times the other day like you asked...no response ****.... Did you give me the cold shoulder... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif haha
I texted you after I told you we need to talk about some stuff and then you texted me a day later asking if what I wanted to talk about lol.

This topic is comical at best. Anyone want to bet I can setup a test with everything from walmart wire to what ever $100/ft speaker wire and none of you would be able to tell the difference what so ever.
stop making sense, it's not welcomed in this forum lol. you know most of the ppl on this forum want to get 16 gauge speaker wire that's $1/ft b/c it's actual size is 12 AWG than actually buying 12 gauge wire for $0.60/ft or my favorite is wire you can tie in a know, you know how many times you have to tie your wire in a knot to properly install

I texted you after I told you we need to talk about some stuff and then you texted me a day later asking if what I wanted to talk about lol.
huh, I'm not getting your texts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

stop making sense, it's not welcomed in this forum lol. you know most of the ppl on this forum want to get 16 gauge speaker wire that's $1/ft b/c it's actual size is 12 AWG than actually buying 12 gauge wire for $0.60/ft or my favorite is wire you can tie in a know, you know how many times you have to tie your wire in a knot to properly install
Sorry, I will refrain from making since as much as I can.

BTW I don't use ring terminals, I just tie the wire into a knot around the amp then let the bare wire touch...seemed to be more safe to me.

I was wondering...because over in HT forums guys go all crazy about "breaking in" wire. I still don't get it really.

I can see spending more money on power/ground wires that are easier to work with, but your speaker wire is meh at best.

As for Cadence being smaller, it may be smaller then other companies who sell 12 or 13 gauge as 14 gauge. It is on par with other companies and large then some as well. We use the 14 gauge with no issues what so ever. We even use it in our enclosures with zero negative feedback on them.
What exactly would change over time in wire that would warrant a "break in"? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

And speaker wire is speaker wire...as long as its thick enough for your likings, use it. No need to spend big money on speaker wire.

The Cadence is probably actually a gauge smaller than what you pay for. 

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Monster is the Bose of wiring. If you want to pay for marketing and snake oil, go for it.
You have still fail to explain the 400series.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.