Tools Tools Tools

Participant count
  • Participant list
Like this one?

Depending on how much torque you actually need. That one is good for 1190 ft. lbs. The stubby is really nice because of its size and still rated 700 ft. lbs.

I am clueless to air tools and what is overkill and what would work for everyday automotive needs like wheel hubs or suspension work.
Air impacts are a thing of the past almost. My buddy has a local chain of tire shops and all the mechanics and tire techs solely use lithium impact guns and it took me a while get make the change but I have a ingersoll rand ivq20 1/2” impact and a Milwaukee 18v 1/2” and they are so much easier then dragging around a ******* air hose and constantly having to let the compressed run

My brother and I are both delivery drivers so we frequently check our tires and fill them with air as needed. If for anything, I am happy to have it for just that. The air compressor that is. Something about the sound an airtool makes. I dig it.

My brother and I are both delivery drivers so we frequently check our tires and fill them with air as needed. If for anything, I am happy to have it for just that. The air compressor that is. Something about the sound an airtool makes. I dig it.
It whiff definitely come in handy for box building .. with air nailer and air Sanders...I have a nice Sencore air nailer that I use to use when mine was hooked up.. air nibbles are fun to cut metal so are air saws.. the air tanks are very handy to have .. I have my big one in redoing..and I have another smaller one I use that's more portable .. it's a craftsman

I hope this wasn't a useless purchase. So many post say use an O-Scope... this was the one I decided to buy. We will see how it does when it gets here.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 187
Anyone got any recommendations on inexpensive but good quality impact guns?

The key to shopping smart at Harbor Freight with power tools is to find out where they were made. Most of it is made in china and will have low quality but great prices, but occasionally you'll get Taiwanese tools for similarly good prices and they're actually better than tools twice the price from one of the many TTI subsidiaries that clutter up the hardware isles. A lot of once quality brands are now bought out and are being milked for their nostalgia until they're known to be just as crappy as the likes of Craftsman currently. I've heard good things about the HF Earthquake impact drivers, likely due to teardown videos like this one

Surprisingly good performance and dirt cheap. I'd stay far clear of Hercules though, those are Chinese made HF which is nowhere near the same quality construction.

The Earthquake cordless line is not worth it IMO. Good products but not worth the money. My brother bought me the 3/8" Earthquake ratchet a few years ago and its still kicking just fine.

$270 for the 1/2" impact wrench with 1 4ah battery and charger. 90 day warranty...

Milwaukee 2767-20 1/2" impact with a free 5ah battery for $250. 5 year warranty. You will have to buy a charger though if you don't have 3 already.... lol So $310 with a charger, more powerful tool, 5 year warranty.

Stanley is actually having Craftsman tools made in Fort Worth Texas again.

Last edited:
The Earthquake cordless line is not worth it IMO. Good products but not worth the money. My brother bought me the 3/8" Earthquake ratchet a few years ago and its still kicking just fine.

$270 for the 1/2" impact wrench with 1 4ah battery and charger. 90 day warranty...

Milwaukee 2767-20 1/2" impact with a free 5ah battery for $250. 5 year warranty. You will have to buy a charger though if you don't have 3 already.... lol So $310 with a charger, more powerful tool, 5 year warranty.

Yeah, accessories are a pretty big letdown with HF as well. I would wager the earthquake has a more powerful hammer hit, but the Milwaukee batteries will hold up a little better just based on the mAh rating. The cells themselves are the same quality.

They also got wise to what a good tool they were since I last looked, the prices have gone way up unfortunately on the Earthquake line. They're a little bold to be pricing to compete with household names even though Milwaukee's been bought and milked by Techtronic a long time now and has settled into their new low. Still, the average consumer at the hardware store doesn't know that, they think they still have options on that shelf.

Edit: https://www.ebay.com/i/174243035629...IkYykl-OL6QIVTtbACh2_fAp3EAYYAiABEgKl9PD_BwE#

Not too bad.

Last edited:
If the earthquake 1/2" was $200 it would be a fantastic deal. Or even a better than 90 day warranty.

I don't think the Ridgid 1/2" is beatable at $150 with a 4ah and charger.. Only 600 ft lbs but more than enough for 99% of jobs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ThxOne

Premium Member
The Boss
ThxOne
The United States of America
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date