Tool Boxes

AnthonyO

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would need approx 10-15 of those to keep all my chits half azzed organized 💩 💩 👀 👀
This will be just for my garage. Just for my little installs I do. I no longer have the need for a huge tool box, as its no longer my profession. So I just want a nice little tool box with the necessities. I am also going to build a work table in my garage as well. Somewhere I can do wirings, soldering, etc. without having to worry about hurting anything

Reactions: audiobaun

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
This will be just for my garage. Just for my little installs I do. I no longer have the need for a huge tool box, as its no longer my profession. So I just want a nice little tool box with the necessities. I am also going to build a work table in my garage as well. Somewhere I can do wirings, soldering, etc. without having to worry about hurting anything
I may try4 of these to start out with. These would just be for the garage.I like to have tools and I am always using them to do things. Keeps me busy
https://www.harborfreight.com/72-in-x-22-in-triple-bank-roller-cabinet-blue-64004.html

Handyman40+

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 3, 2022
I use systainers, high end tool companies like festool supply them with tool kits, or you can buy them separately. In general they’re modular about 15-5/8 by 11 and something, then the height varies. I also get makita ones and blank ones from tanos. You can also get double wide or 150% wide ones. They’re great for organizing your van. The idea is to keep them organized for specific tasks. Here are a few pictures. One I’m doing custom under cabinet lights so I want them off the ground an a nice height. The other is on a roller board, with a seat pad and drawer. This would be so when you want to sit down and roll for when you’re doing door locks and handles.

Attachments

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
I have a Mac box from when I was an aircraft mechanic, and a travel box from when I was a Field service engineer, but now that I'm not a professional mechanic both of those are empty. I'm a peg board guy, no more digging through drawers. That said, out of all the big box store sold cheap toolboxes, the US generals hold up by far the best, and believe it or not husky holds up the worst. This is from years of watching hundreds of toolboxes come in and out of the hangars

Handyman40+

CarAudio.com Newbie
Feb 3, 2022
Some of those Mac or snap on boxes can be 20 grand empty!
super nice stuff, my dad has some like that, you’d need a forklift to move it anywhere you can’t roll it.

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
Yeah pretty much, you can get the cheaper boxes in 72" as well. The Mac boxes are made in the town a few miles from me and I have family that works there so I was able to get a hefty discount

AnthonyO

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Back in the 90's when I was doing installs and mechanic work daily I had a snap-on 72" toolbox. I was pretty much selling my soul to snap-on back then to afford the tools.

LsGuy

Manila Gorilla
Sep 11, 2020
That's how they get you, that no interest tool truck financing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.