Too muc h bass?

Jt321
10+ year member

Just got my components in and a U.S. acoustics usx2100 in. Well when i listen to rock it sounds awesome and loud, but once i listen to rap and r&b it sounds like crap, the bass is to powerful for the speakers to handle and it sounds like its gonna explode. But when i try to turn it down it gets good again but now its to quiet to hear. Any ideas on how i could make my bass calm down a bit? I also tried messing with the EQ on the deck but it didnt do much, and my gain is about 3/4 the way up.

My setup is:

U.S. Acoustics USX2100

Alpine CDA-9815

Cdt cl-61

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

The one and only mtx amp I've run was like that (it was black with the fake chrome platistic badging back in '01 I think) the first time I made a trip up to squim (about 2 hrs from tacoma) I...
You need something more like a pro audio woofer. You want a really light Mms with a lower Fs. Idk how much loudness vs range you want, but a tapped t-line may help response from a bandwidth...
16.6 is way too high. That will destroy an AGM battery. What alternator brand did you use? Sounds like a voltage regulator issue. Are you using the stock alternator plug or did you wire it...
I had 2 ab 15's in the same size sealed box (4cuft) and it was loud but these sql-15's are on whole different level 🤣

About this thread

Jt321

10+ year member
Jt321
Surprise, AZ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from