Too big ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Box size is very important in subwoofer performance. Not only that, the box port area may be too big and cause your subs to go beyond their mechanical limit. Those subs were originally designed for sealed enclosures, so I suggest plugging the port and feel them out.
That *****! I only bought them because JL site says they can be used in sealed or ported enclosures. I used them in a ported enclosure prior to this in a smaller box but it was in a different vehicle.

Last edited:
That *****! I only bought them because JL site says they can be used in sealed or ported enclosures. I used them in a ported enclosure prior to this in a smaller box but it was in a different vehicle.
What I meant is they were originally designed for sealed, but after further research, JL updated them for ported as well. Look at the JL site and maybe you could modify the box. Making it internally smaller just requires filling it with solid wood; it is the port size that will take some ingenuity.

Last edited:
Yeah I know what you meant… the censored word in my last comment was s u x. It wasn’t anything towards you it was the situation lol. I really appreciate you all for you input and direction! Glad I found this forum

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...