Today's Rap....

DJSlowfets

Senior VIP Member
CA
Time for some real talk,

I leave you with these two obvious ones for starters.

1.)

As I was listening to these songs today I almost started to reminisce on this kind of music. I know to you guys ima "17 year old white boy" but ever since a little kid I have been entranced with music theres hardly ever time in a day when im not listening to music. I love it. And I love real rap. Just listen to the passion in those songs, he makes you feel the pain in his life thats hard to do with only one sense being stimulated. You ask but DJ Slowfets why do you remix todays rap, Ya its catchy and its slaps hard but there is no depth to it, Anymore everything is about Pus*sy Money and Weed. Notice how old those songs are and they still are just as catchy as when I heard them from day one. New music gets old not because of overplay but because of lack of ingenuity. And those are just two songs from one artist. I know all about rap, real old school for you 30+ out there, whats old school to someone my age and the new era. So I dont need to hear any one bash me for my opinion because Im aware of every aspect of this genre. And yes there are exceptions to todays music (J Cole with 2014 Forest Hills Drive) Meek Mill and Lupe Fiasco his new album is lyrically insane if you havent checked it out yet I recommend you do. Past that this genre is falling off with people like Rae Sremmurd, Iggy Azalea and Nicki Minaj, to be honest its sad because I surround myself with music and its dead. For all you people that are gonna jump on me for this Im not saying I dont like todays music but it isnt the Old Jeezy or the old 3 6 Mafia even Eminem for that matter. I know Marshall is 42 and he cant rap about the same things he used to but man idk all this just *****. Im not sure if anyone will even be able to relate to this its a rainy day and im caught up in my feelings.

-Jake

You have to understand there is a reason why main stream rap is all about *****, money weed. Who are the CEOs and presidents of all these record labels? Def not the rappers who started them. Theyre just there to make it look good because the real person making the decisions is a white guy in a suite and nobody would support "murder inc" or "aftermath" or "interscope" if a guy named chad was the main public face. They force the artist to write about jordans, buying gold chains, doing drugs, and blah blah blah because they need to influence the audience. Who is the main audience of rap and hip/hop? Blacks and Browns. they brain wash us to want to be like these "rappers" they NEED us to line up outside footlocker and camp for the latest pair of Js, and they need us to save pur money and steal to buy that gold chain. It how they control the classes. Through the "entertainement" industry. It stopped being entertainment a very long time ago.

Yelawolf is ok but he'll never get respect being white and especially from Gadsen. He might be under shady records but you don't see him featuring to much with em do you ? It's all so effed up

man f**k young jeezy. Let me show you some real rap music from the good old days. back when they told stories and sh*t.

Their are some good new rappers, you just have to find them. Everyone is going to have their fun songs but they are mostly is people like Webbie, Boosie, Gates, 8 Ball and MJG, Haystak, Remy Redd, and even Z-Ro.

I listen to today's rap for the beats only. There is no message or depth in too much of the music. I understand music evolve with the listeners.

STORY TELLING:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.